CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop – Hands-on
Earn your PenTest+, guaranteed!
Security remains one of the hottest topics in IT and other industries. It seems that each week brings news of some new breach of privacy or security. As organizations scramble to protect themselves and their customers, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organizations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
PenTest+ Training FAQs
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. In particular, students who also need practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents. This course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use the PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles.
How does this PenTest+ Certification Training course differ from other Penetration Testing courses?
PenTest+ Certification Training includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them. CompTIA PenTest+ testing assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Successful exam candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings. The exam candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
- 5-day instructor-led training course
- One-on-one after course instructor coaching
- PenTest+ Study Guide
- PenTest+ Practice exam questions
- Exam voucher included
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop – Related Courses:
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Training (CASP+)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Certification Training (CySA+)
PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop – Audience/Target Group:
The target audience for this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop course:
- This CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course. This course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles. Individuals seeking this certification should have three to four years of hands-on experience performing penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management.
PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop – Class Prerequisites:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop course are:
PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop – Objectives:
Upon completing this PenTest+ Certification Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- After completing this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop course, you will be able to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests, including the ability to: Plan and scope penetration tests. Conduct passive reconnaissance. Perform non-technical tests to gather information. Conductive active reconnaissance. Analyze vulnerabilities. Penetrate networks. Exploit host-based vulnerabilities. Test applications. Complete post-exploit tasks. Analyze and report pen test results.
PenTest+ Certification Training Workshop – Course Syllabus:
PLANNING AND SCOPING PENETRATION TESTS
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
CONDUCTING PASSIVE RECONNAISSANCE
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
PERFORMING NON-TECHNICAL TESTS
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
CONDUCTING ACTIVE RECONNAISSANCE
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
EXPLOITING HOST-BASED VULNERABILITIES
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
COMPLETING POST-EXPLOIT TASKS
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
ANALYZING AND REPORTING PEN TEST RESULTS
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities