Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Course – Hands-on
The Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop is a comprehensive overview and detailed explanation of Solarwinds modules for the “Advanced Network” track. The class is led by an SCP instructor with years of experience working on hundreds of unique Solarwinds environments for companies of all sizes.
This Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training course covers NPM, SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN, SRM, as well as the SolarWinds Appstack views. The primary objective of this Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop course is to help aspirants evolve from basic up/down monitoring into a holistic end-to-end monitoring technique that allows organizations to pin-point the impact of performance issues or outages across complex application delivery environments.
Each of the products in the 201 course brings specific data necessary to fully map application delivery and allow administrators to visualize and monitor failures with fully mapped relationships so the impact of any single failure can be fully understood immediately.
- Solarwinds Orion 101: Introduction to Solarwinds Training
- SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training
- Solarwinds Orion 302: Log and Event Manager Training
- Solarwinds Orion 301: Database and Automation Training
- Solarwinds Orion 303: Web Help Desk – Installation & Advanced Configuration Training
Customize It – Onsite Only
- We can adapt this Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
How to Become SolarWinds Orion 201 Advanced Network Certified Professional??
- After completion of Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop, candidates are required to get registered for an SCP Exam. It is a 90 minutes test with 75 multiple-choice questions. The exam can be scheduled as per convenient time.
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop – Audience/Target Group:
The target audience for this training course:
- People who have a small networking team
- Individuals looks for SolarWinds
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop – Class Prerequisites:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Orion 101 not required, but this Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training course will not cover installation and basic overview of NPM and the Orion Platform
- Aspirant would highly benet from a basic understanding of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages, but not required.
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop – Objectives:
After completion of one of this course, trained professionals will be able to:
- Formulate and implement objective oriented strategies for reliable network monitoring
- Apply NTA, IPAM, NPM, NCM, UDT, VNQM -IP SLA
- Deploy multiple polling engines with customized architecture
- Implement advanced load-balancing practices
- Custom SQL Reports and Alerts
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop – Course Syllabus
Day 1: Network Performance Monitor
- Orion Architecture Best Practices
- –Primary Polling Engine
- –Additional Polling Engines
- –Additional Web Engines
- –SQL Server
- Discovery of Nodes in the Enterprise
- Out-of-the-Box Monitoring vs. Custom Pollers
- –Creation of Universal Device Pollers
- –Creation of Custom Device Studio Pollers
- NetPath Configuration
- Network Insight for F5 devices overview
Day 2: Network Configuration Manager; NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
Students will perform NPM discovery in the context of application monitoring and mapping. They will get hands-on experience running network discovery scans. Students will see how to manipulate monitored objects directly in the Orion database while gaining an in-depth understanding of how to map all components of an application within an application delivery environment. Students will gain an understanding of how to monitor availability and performance, including identifying and setting thresholds for application performance. Finally, students will learn the differences between AppInsight and custom template monitors, and deploy both AppInsight for SQL and DPA.
- Installation and initial Configuration of NCM
- –Creating Customized Device Templates
- –Creating Customized Configuration Change Templates
- Installation and initial Configuration of NTA
- –NetFlow design theories
- –Configuration of NetFlow on common Cisco devices using both CLI and NCM
- Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop – LABS
Day 3: IP Address Manager; User Device Tracker; VoIP and Network Quality Manager; Dashboards and Views
- Installation and initial Configuration of IPAM
- –Importing IPAM data Best-Practices and Caveats
- Installation and initial Configuration of UDT
- –Endpoint Monitoring design theories
- Installation and initial Configuration of VNQM
- –Creating IP SLA Operations on Cisco devices using the CLI, NCM, and VNQM
- ***Note: Call Manager Monitoring is not covered in this course. (It is covered in Orion 101)
- Creating Custom Resources in the SolarWinds Orion website
- Common NOC View designs for the enterprise
- Installation and initial Configuration of NTM
- Network Scanning and Reporting
Day 4: Custom SQL Alerts and Reports
- Introduction to the Transact-SQL language and basic queries
- Introduction to the Orion SQL Database schema
- Custom SQL Reporting using both the Web Report Engine and the Orion Report Writer application
- Custom SQL Alerts using the Web Alert Engine
Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training Workshop – LABS