3G LTE and 4G Training Overview
3G LTE and 4G Training Overview Course – Hands-on
This 3G LTE | 4G Training Overview course seeks to provides insight into the development 3G LTE and 4G, the next generation of mobile networks.
3G LTE, which stands for 3G Long Term Evolution, is being standardized by 3GPP and 3GPP2 and is often described as 3G. It is a technology that will enable cellular networks to support up to 10 times higher data rate and more users than existing HSxPA networks. It will employ OFDM and MIMO technologies which will allow mobile operators to offer true ?quad play? services, i.e., voice, high-speed, IPTV and full mobility. 3G LTE is designed to provide a simple evolutionary path for UMTS operators as they migrate from UMTS to HSDPA to HSUPA and then onto 3G LTE, also called HSOPA.
4G is the successor to the wireless access technologies of the 3G era. To cater to the QoS and data rate requirements of the forthcoming applications such as High Definition TV and DVB, 3GPP and IEEE (which are along the 3GP working groups), have decided that 4G should be very spectrally efficient, should dynamically share and utilize the network resources, have a high data rate and capacity larger than 3G, have smooth handovers across heterogeneous networks, and should be based on an all-IP packet switched network. Several telecom equipment giants are currently testing 4G communication at 100Mbps while moving and 1Gbps while stationary.
The 3G LTE | 4G Training Overview course covers the fundamental principles of 3G LTE and 4G, such as MC-CDMA, OFDM and OFDMA as well as MIMO, IPv6, AMC and Software Defined Radios. Discussed are the overall architecture, protocols, RF planning and considerations as well as 4G services infrastructures that will enable very high data rate wireless broadband services.
3G LTE and 4G Training Overview Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this 3G LTE and 4G Training Overview course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the 3G LTE and 4G Training Overview around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
3G LTE and 4G Training Overview Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
3G LTE and 4G Training Overview Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Get detailed insight into the state of the technical art of 3G LTE and 4G mobile radio networks
- Understand fundamental building blocks of 3G LTE/4G
- Understand the 3G LTE /4G architecture
- Understand the different protocols involved in achieving high data rates in 3G LTE/4G
- Learn how OFDM, MIMO and SDR work
- Learn all about the 3G LTE/4G air interface
- Learn the operation of handovers over heterogeneous networks
- Learn the evolution path to 4G services
3G LTE and 4G Training Overview – Course Content
Beyond 3G Wireless
Radio spectrum economics
4G mobile communications
What is 3G LTE
Architecture & protocols
3G LTE services
4G wireless defined
4G implementation and trials
4G capabilities and services
3G LTE/4G Radio Interface
Advanced multiple access techniques
Advanced coding techniques
4G packet schedulers
4G radio transceiver architectures
4G Mobility Considerations
Universal and network agnostic roaming
4G Core Network
Convergence of fixed and mobile access
Heterogeneous traffic management
Radio resource management
Harmonized all-IP network infrastructure
IPv4 and IPv6
Operator service and access management
4G Radio Planning
OFDM channel planning
Planning for seamless mobile access
Advanced Services for 3G LTE and 4G
IP and SIP based services
3G LTE service business models and scenarios
4G service business models and scenarios