5G Air Interface Training
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
5G Air Interface Training Course – Hands-on
This 5G Air Interface Training course is a detailed technical description of the air interface for the 5G New Radio. It covers the principles of millimetre wave and multiple antenna communications, the architecture and implementation of the air interface’s physical layer, the higher layer air interface protocols, and the signalling procedures for idle and active 5G devices.
5G Air Interface Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this 5G Air Interface Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the 5G Air Interface Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
5G Air Interface Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- The course is intended for engineers and other staff who are involved with equipment design, operation, optimization or monitoring on the 5G air interface.
5G Air Interface Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- An engineering background with some knowledge of general radio principles and digital radio systems is assumed. A basic understanding of 5G and experience of LTE radio systems would be desirable.
5G Air Interface Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- 5G introduction, use cases and standardisation
- Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
- Principles and implementation of multiple antennas in 5G
- Architecture of the air interface physical layer
- Details and implementation of the 5G physical, transport and logical channels
- Air interface procedures for synchronisation, scheduling, data transmission, feedback and random access
- Dual connectivity architecture and protocol stacks
- Protocols in layer 2 of the air interface: MAC, RLC, PDCP and SDAP
- RRC signalling procedures in Idle, Inactive and Connected modes
5G Air Interface Training – Course Content
- Section 1 – 5G New Radio
- Section 2 – 5G Physical Layer
- Section 3 – 5G Massive MIMO and Beamforming
- Section 4 – 5G Physical Layer and Channels Introduction
- Section 5 – Downlink Physical Channels and Signals
- Section 6 – NR Uplink Physical Channels
- Section 7 – 5G Reference Signals
- Section 8 – NR RRC
- Section 9 – NR Layer 2
- Section 10 – 5G Carrier Aggregation
- Section 11 – 5G Dual Connectivity
- Section 12 – 5G Air Interface Security
- Section 13 – 5G Scheduling
- Section 14 – 5G Access Procedures
- Section 15 – EN-DC Operational Procedures
- Section 16 – 5G Connected Mode Procedures
- Section 17 – 5G Paging
- Section 18 – 5G Measurements
- Section 19 – 5G Intra 5GC Mobility
- Section 20 – 5G Mobility with EPC