Administering SSSD on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE342)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Administering SSSD on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE342) Course – Hands-on
This new 2 day Administering SSSD on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE342) course covers covers the System Security Service Daemon (SSSD) as deployed on the SLES 12 platform. The SSSD, designed for and available for nearly all Linux distributions, is fast becoming the Linux server authentication framework of choice. Comprehensive documentation and technical instruction on the concepts, use cases and deployment techniques for system administrators is still difficult to obtain. This course attempts to do just that.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The course is ideal for system administrators and consultants who need to:
- Better understand the use case of the SSSD and it’s features
- Deploy new systems using the SSSD
- Migrate from legacy PAM LDAP or PAM LDAP/Kerberos configurations
- More tightly integrate Linux systems into Active Directory environments
- Assess environment design choices, SSSD best practices and administration
Administering SSSD on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE342) Course – Class Prerequisites
- Attendees should have familiarity with the Command Line, Linux System Administration skills and attention to details. SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Enterprise Linux or SUSE Certified Linux Engineer (SCE) in Enterprise Linux certification or level of experience recommended.
Administering SSSD on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE342) Course – Objectives
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the architecture and functionality of the SSSD
- Implement the SSSD with common identity providers
- Secure and optimize the SSSD
Administering SSSD on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE342) – Course Content
- SECTION 1: The features, architecture and requirements of the SSSD
- SECTION 2: Testing time synchronisation and DNS services
- SECTION 3: Implement and test the openLDAP client
- SECTION 4: Install required software (SSSD LDAP/LOCAL providers)
- SECTION 5: Implement and test the SSSD LDAP providers
- SECTION 6: Implement and test the SSSD LOCAL providers
- SECTION 7: Tuning the SSSD configurations and security
- SECTION 8: Install required software (SSSD Kerberos providers)
- SECTION 9: Implement and test the SSSD LDAP/Kerberos providers
- SECTION 10: Joining the Active Directory domain
- SECTION 11: Implement and test the Linux Kerberos client
- SECTION 12: Implement and test the openLDAP client (GSSAPI)
- SECTION 13: Implement and test the SSSD LDAP/Kerberos providers
- SECTION 14: Tuning the SSSD configurations and security
- SECTION 15: Using the SSSD tools and utilities
- SECTION 16: Review the SSSD cache files and records (optional)
- SECTION 17: Install required software (SSSD AD providers)
- SECTION 18: Implement and test the SSSD AD providers
- SECTION 19: Changing between mapped and non-mapped configs
- SECTION 20: Tuning the SSSD configurations and security
- SECTION 21: Implement and test autofs maps and caching
- SECTION 22: Implement and test sudo rules and caching