The Aegis Weapon System (AWS) is a multifunction radar and fire control system designed for the Navy’s anti-air warfare (AAW) mission of fleet defense. The attendees of this four-day Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training course will study the AWS weapon system definition and design approach, including the weapon system functional architecture, the element designs, and performance drivers. The system conducts AAW engagements, starting with surveillance and tracking by the AN/SPY-1 radar; application of engagement doctrine by the Command and Control system; intercept calculation, weapon selection, launch, and guidance of the Standard Missile by the Weapon Control System, and terminal homing by the Fire Control System.
The Aegis system has successfully demonstrated a ballistic missile defense (BMD) capability. For this mission, the engagement sequence has been modified to include new functions such as; characterization and discrimination of tactical ballistic missile complexes in the upper atmosphere, guidance of an advanced standard missile (SM-3), and designation of an RV to the SM-3. The focus will be on the engineering of the Weapon System including SM-3 and Aegis Combat System integration. Program and Project Managers, Contract Administrators, Quality Managers, and Engineers (all disciplines) can accelerate their ability to understand AWS design competencies. This is an unclassified top-level view of the systems engineering needed to develop a successful BMD system.
- 4 days of Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training with an expert instructor
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense – https://www.wiley.com/
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- We can adapt this Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
Upon completing this Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- The main focus will be on the engineering of the Weapon System, including Standard Missile and Aegis Combat System integration. Attendees will develop an understanding of the Aegis BMD mission, as well as the system concept definition, design, and implementation based on a mature AWS development philosophy. Attendees will develop an understanding of how the Aegis Combat System was upgraded to include the additional BMD mission while maintaining all existing Aegis operational warfare capabilities. Students will examine how the System Engineering process ensures that systems are developed to meet mission performance objectives that are affordable, operationally effective, and timely.
The target audience for this Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense course are:
- Understanding the ACS Mission
- Aegis Weapon System (AWS) design attributes for BMD mission
- ABMD System Functional Architecture: Including challenges for AWS elements such as; Radar, Standard Missile, Vertical Launch System, Command & Control, Weapon Control, etc.; exploited weapon system characteristics to support a Plan, Detect, Control, and Engage engagement sequence approach; ABMD engagement modes: Organic exo-atmospheric & endo–atmospheric engagements, Cued, Launch – on – Remote (LOR), Engage – On Remote (EOR) engagements.
- Unique ABMD Design Attributes: Surveillance, tracking, Identification, Characterization, Discrimination, Standard Missile (SM-3) Integration, Pre- & Post Launch Fire Control, SM-3 Guidance, Engagement Coordination, and In-Flight Alignment.
- System Performance Measures: Performance drivers, Target modeling, Engagement Timeline, resource utilization, engagement windows, Engineering budgets, and probability of engagement success.
- Multi – Ship Coordination: Including coordination strategies to achieve total missile defense, unique requirements for multi-Platform fire control interoperability and coordination, Single ship versus integrated multi–ship engagements, multi–platform performance criteria.