Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training
|Commitment||4 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training Course – Hands-on
Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- The main focus will be on engineering of the Weapon System, including Standard Missile and Aegis Combat System integration. Attendees will develop an understanding of the Aegis BMD mission, as well as the system concept definition, design, and implementation based on a mature AWS development philosophy. Attendees will develop an understanding of how Aegis Combat System was upgraded to include the additional BMD mission while maintaining all existing Aegis operational warfare capabilities. Students will examine how the System Engineering process ensures that systems are developed to meet mission performance objectives which are affordable, operationally effective, and timely.
Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Training – Course Content
Aegis Weapon System (AWS) design attributes for BMD missionEmphasis is made on the Aegis Weapon System architectural design to support simultaneous regional missile defense and strategic missile defense capabilities. In addition, focus will be made on the AWS design competencies, to include:
ABMD System Functional Architecture: Including challenges for AWS elements such as; Radar, Standard Missile, Vertical Launch System, Command & Control, Weapon Control, etc.; exploited weapon system characteristics to support a Plan, Detect, Control and Engage engagement sequence approach; ABMD engagement modes: Organic exo-atmospheric & endo – atmospheric engagements, Cued, Launch – on – Remote (LOR), Engage – On Remote (EOR) engagements.
Unique ABMD Design Attributes: Surveillance, tracking, Identification, Characterization, Discrimination, Standard Missile (SM-3) Integration, Pre- & Post Launch Fire Control, SM-3 Guidance, Engagement Coordination, In-Flight Alignment.
System Performance Measures: Performance drivers, Target modeling, Engagement Timeline, resource utilization, engagement windows, Engineering budgets, probability of engagement success.
Multi – Ship Coordination: Including coordination strategies to achieve total missile defense, unique requirements for multi-Platform fire control interoperability and coordination, Single ship versus integrated multi – ship engagements, multi – platform performance criteria.