Aegis Combat System Engineering Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Aegis Combat System Engineering Training Course – Hands-on
Aegis Combat System Engineering Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Aegis Combat System Engineering Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Aegis Combat System Engineering Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- The main focus will be on engineering of the Weapon System including Standard Missile and Aegis Combat System integration. Students will develop an understanding of the three System Engineering process phases: concept definition; design: and implementation. A background in understanding System Engineering application in design and upgrade configurations will be provided. Students will examine how the System Engineering process ensures that systems are developed to meet mission performance objectives which are affordable, operationally effective, and timely.
Aegis Combat System Engineering Training – Course Content
Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) Design competencies: Detect, Control, Engage sequences.
Aegis Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD): (Integrated Tactical Planning, Search and Track functions, Control and Engage functions)
Aegis Weapon System (AWS) Design Principles ((a) AWS System architecture (b)AWS Element Design: Radar(SPY-1); Standard Missile Family(SM); Vertical Launching System (VLS); Command and Control (C&C); Weapon Control (WCS); Fire Control (FCS); Operational Readiness testing (ORTS); Communication Links
Aegis Weapon System functional design: Focus will be on engineering of the Weapon System including, functional design, and Standard Missile and Aegis Combat System integration.
Aegis Multifunction SPY-1 Radar Design: AAW regional and self-defense needs, radar system mission factors, radar multi-mode design, key radar functions, radar functional design, radar resource management, radar engagement support, radar track accuracy radar discrimination, radar sub-elements: Antenna, Transmitter, Signal Processor, Radar Control.
ACS Performance: Mission performance (firepower, reaction time, ECM resistance, Availability, Coverage); Integration of system functions, engineering disciplines, system tools, and outputs; system development approach, capability analysis for demonstrated system performance, engineering budgets.