Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training
Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training Course – Hands-on
This five-day Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training course is specifically designed for a complete and full understanding of IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook (ANB) features. The ANB Complete Training course teaches students to master the programs analytical capabilities to include geospatial, social network, and statistical analysis.
This first part of course provides the skills required to use i2 Analyst’s Notebook as a tool in the analytical role the Analyst resides. The Analyst’s Notebook course focuses on the Analyst developing an understanding of the program’s interface and tools, methodology in constructing manual charts, basic techniques in importing structured data into Analyst’s Notebook and analytical techniques to conduct analysis to uncover relationships and associations. This Analyst’s Notebook course training curriculum insures the student has a basic understanding of how to use Analyst’s Notebook and its basic functions.
This second part of the course is designed to provide students that have a working knowledge of Analyst’s Notebook the opportunity to further their skills in search and discovery functions. This Analyst’s Notebook course will focus on how to set up Advanced Import Specifications, Advanced Analytic techniques using the i2 Analytic Tools, and use of the display tools that turn the data and analysis results into actionable intelligence.
This Analyst’s Notebook curriculum is designed to focus on the ANB program functionality regardless of data type analyzed.
Analyst’s Notebook Complete – Customize it
- We can adapt this Analyst’s Notebook Complete course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Analyst’s Notebook Complete course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Analyst’s Notebook Complete around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Analyst’s Notebook Complete course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this Analyst’s Notebook Complete course:
- This Analyst’s Notebook course is specifically designed for the individual who is new to i2 Analyst’s Notebook and relevant for those who work in national security, law enforcement, customer intelligence, Commercial, Government sectors and research.
Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Analyst’s Notebook Complete course are:
- A basic understanding of and working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suites.
Analyst’s Notebook Training Course: Objectives
At the end of the Analyst’s Notebook Training course the attendees will be able to
- Able to create charts based on all known information, and also understand how to use the analysis tools for searching and analyzing the information within a chart so they are equipped to solve their daily work tasks.
- Advanced Importing, Advanced Analysis, Customization and Publication.
- Perform advanced Analytic Techniques.
- Learn how to set up Advanced Import Specifications, Advanced Analytic techniques using the i2 Analytic Tools, and use of the display tools that turn the data and analysis results into actionable intelligence.
Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training – Course Highlights
- Latest Version: Our courses are always taught on the latest version of IBM® i2®.
- Analytical Tools: Learn and apply specific analytical techniques and tools.
- Hands-on Training: Throughout the course, students will work on realistic training data.
- Data Analysis: Understand, import and analyze structured, data into the platform.
- Complete Overview: The course offers a comprehensive overview of the platform.
- Charts: Understand the chart elements, build examples, and compile for presentation.
Analyst’s Notebook Complete Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this Analyst’s Notebook Complete course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Know the basic terminology used when working in Analyst’s Notebook
- Learn to Navigate in the interface of Analyst’s Notebook
- Understand how to create manual charts by creating entities and links in Analyst’s Notebook
- Learn to Merge multiple charts and be able resolve any duplicate information to uncover relationships and associations
- Understand the basics in conducting Analysis and how the Visual Search tool is used in pattern analysis
- Understand the type of data that can be used when importing into Analyst’s Notebook
- Understand how the Analyst’s Notebook import function works and how to get the results you are looking for
- Understand how to prepare products for presentation and dissemination
- Understand the methodology for creating charts manually
- Learn how to create and share templates
- Learn to Merge multiple charts in order to uncover relationships and associations
- Create Associations and Timeline Charts using the import tool
- Understand data formats and create datasets for use with i2 Analyst’s Notebook
- Format import specifications to create association or commodity flow charts
- Create variations on import specifications to allow multiple links and event analysis from a single dataset
- Enhance import specifications to automatically add attributes to charts
- How to use Bar Charts and Histograms views to quickly identify, select, and drill down in to information of relevance
- Develop an understanding of how to import and merge data from multiple datasets, managing the matching and merging of entities
- Import data from multiple time zones to create a chronological sequence of transnational events
- Understand advance detailed and accurate analysis utilizing the Social Network Analysis, Filters, and Histograms, Map Chart Items, Conditional Formatting and Activity View tools
- Learn to Integrate the Features and Capabilities of i2 Analyst’s Notebook with the functionally provided by geospatial software like Google Earth
- Understand how to create template charts to manage formatting requirements when data is imported
- Understanding how to prepare created charts for presentation software ie: PowerPoint, Excel, jpeg, and PDF
- Learn how to save charts as slide show, PDF, JPG or send an embedded chart in another file format
- Training is Conducted in IBM’s Latest Release of i2 Analyst’s Notebook Version 9.
- Understand how to conduct advance detailed and accurate analysis utilizing the Social Network Analysis to examine network characteristics, including smaller sub-networks, the relationship between prominent entities of interests, and how information directly and indirectly flows within different parts of the network.