CDMA2000 (1xEV-DO) Security Training
CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training Course – Hands-on
Having completed this CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training course the participant will be able to understand how security is implemented, deployed and managed in IS-95 and CDMA2000 (1x-EV-DO and 1xEV-DV) networks, understand security concepts, understand the benefits of new security techniques applied and how they are implemented.
CCDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Anyone needing in-depth knowledge of the security in the CDMA family of wireless networks. The course is essential for network security & wireless specialists, operators and manufacturers, wireless network researcher, academics, security engineers, researchers and consultants
CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training Course – Objectives:
The goal of this course is to give the participant a strong and intuitive understanding of what security in the wireless systems is and how the security functions are implemented in the CDMA radio and core network. The course focuses both on the air interface and the core network.
- The detailed descriptions of the security in the context of IS-95 and CDMA2000 (1x-EV-DO and 1xEV-DV) platforms
- A detailed description of security architecture
- Principles behind security
- Detailed descriptions and comparison of the cryptographic solutions in GSM/GPRS/UMTS and CDMA family
- Weaknesses in IS-95, 1x-EV-DO and 1xEV-DV security mechanisms
- New security features
CDMA2000 (1xEVDO) Security Training – Course Content
- Basic security concepts
- Encryption Technologies
- Cryptography Keys
- Symmetric and Asymmetric
- Cipher Suites
Overview of Wireless Security Requirements
- Wireless security needs
- Basic CDMA security functions
IS-95 Security Review
- IS-95 security algorithms
- IS-95 authentication and authorization procedures
- IS-95 ciphering procedures
- Security threats to IS-95
1xEV-DO Security Review
- 1x-EV-DO security algorithms
- 1x-EV-DO authentication and authorization procedures
- 1x-EV-DO ciphering procedures
- Security threats to 1x-EV-DO
- AKA Algorithms
- Subscription data Authorization
- Security parameters
- Role of AAA
- Policy-based authorization
- Mobile IP specific requirements
- HA-FA authentication
- Key management
- IKE and AAA