CIPM Certification Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
CIPM Certification Training Course – Hands-on
Our CIPM Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Manager Training (CIPM) provides privacy managers, compliance officers, and other professionals in privacy and data protection roles with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of privacy and data protection practices in the development, measurement and improvement of a privacy program.
The CIPM Certification Training course covers organizational-level privacy program governance, development, implementation and measurement of a privacy program framework as well as application of the privacy operational life cycle.
- Official IAPP CIPP Participant Guide
- Official IAPP CIPP Textbook
- Official IAPP CIPP Practice Test
- IAPP CIPM Certification Exam Voucher
- IAPP Membership for One Year
CIPM Certification Details
The IAPP CIPM was launched in 2013 as the first and only certification in privacy program management. It was developed in response to overwhelming demand to collect and collate common practices for managing privacy operations. The CIPM body of knowledge is comprised of two domains: privacy program governance and privacy program operational life cycle
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist Training (CIPT)
- CIPP/US and CIPM Certification Training Bundle
- CIPP/US and CIPT Certification Training Bundle
CIPM Certification Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this CIPM Certification Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Certified Information Privacy Manager Training (CIPM) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CIPM Certification Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CIPM Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
CIPM Certification Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this Certified Information Privacy Manager Training course:
- Chief privacy officers (CPOs) and other senior information management professionals in both the public and private sectors
- Corporate privacy managers, legal compliance officers and risk managers
- Corporate managers who are responsible for privacy within their teams, such as human resources, procurement, marketing and customer relations
- Non–privacy professionals who serve or support a privacy or compliance team and who need to achieve a consistent level of privacy education
- Information security professionals (CISO, CISSP)
- Information auditing and IT governance professionals (CISA, CISM)
CIPM Certification Training Course – Objectives:
After attending our Certified Information Privacy Manager Training, you will be able to successfully pass the IAPP CIPM exam and will gain deep knowledge of the following key areas:
- Creating a company vision
- Structuring the privacy team
- Developing and implementing a privacy program framework
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Measuring performance
- The privacy operational life cycle
How does this CIPM Certification Training course differ from other security courses?
- This CIPM Certification Training course provides exam preparation for CIPM certification — the world’s first and only certification in privacy program management.
Will this CIPM Certification Training course help me to identify growth opportunities for me, my organization and my team?
- Backed by ANSI/ISO accreditation, a CIPM credential delivers higher earning potential and increased promotion opportunities because it shows a strong understanding of U.S. privacy laws and regulations.
Who will benefit from the Certified Information Privacy Manager Training (CIPM) course?
- Data privacy individuals in Risk management, Privacy operations, Accountability Auditing or Privacy analytics management roles.
What are the typical job titles of attendees for this Certified Information Privacy Manager Training course?
Positions requiring CIPM certification:
- Data Privacy Manager
- Privacy and Cybersecurity Director
- Privacy and Risk Manager
- Privacy operations Manager
- Global Privacy Specialist
- Privacy Auditing and Accountability Manager
CIPM Certification Training – Course Content
Day 1: Privacy program governance
- Creating a company vision
- Establishing a privacy program
- Structuring the privacy team
Developing the privacy program framework
- Developing privacy policies, standards and guidelines
- Defining privacy program activities
- Communicating the privacy framework to stakeholders
- Ensuring alignment with laws and regulations
- Identifying intended audience for metrics
- Defining reporting resources
- Defining privacy metrics
- Identifying systems/application collection points
Day 2: Privacy operational life cycle
Stage I: Assess
- Documenting current baseline
- Processors and third-party vendor assessment
- Physical assessments
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Conducting analysis and assessments
Stage II: Protect
- Data life cycle
- Information security practices
- Privacy by design
Stage III: Sustain
Stage IV: Respond
- Information requests
- Privacy incidents