CIPT Certification Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
CIPT Certification Training Course – Hands-on
With increasing focus of the organizations on CyberSecurity and building the privacy infrastructures, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) designed the Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) certification. The IAPP’s CIPT certification helps you to gain proficiency on the fundamentals of privacy and data protection law and practice. The organizations strive to employ expert technical professionals to factor data privacy for their products, services and processes. CIPT Certification Training course is intended to enable data protection officers, IT managers and administrators, record managers, system developers, IT security specialists to advance their careers.
Being a pioneer training company, ENO Institute assists you to enhance your proficiency as a privacy technologist by channelizing CIPT certification through varied learning modes such as classroom and online training live. You can opt for your preferred training method suiting your schedules.
You will also learn about online services and technologies with specific privacy requirements and considerations, such as social media, cloud computing, and web browser privacy and security.
- Official IAPP CIPP Participant Guide
- Official IAPP CIPP Textbook
- Official IAPP CIPP Practice Test
- IAPP CIPT Certification Exam Voucher
- IAPP Membership for One Year
- Two days of intense training delivered by CIPT certified instructors with actual professional experience in data privacy and the security field
CIPT Certification Details
The IAPP CIPT is the first global privacy certification for IT practitioners. It demonstrates understanding of privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT products and services at all stages of the information life cycle. The CIPT certifies individuals in their knowledge of privacy-related issues and practices in the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager Training (CIPM)
- CIPP/US and CIPM Certification Training Bundle
- CIPP/US and CIPT Certification Training Bundle
CIPT Certification Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this CIPT Certification Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Certified Information CIPT Certification Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Certified Information Privacy Technologist Training (CIPT) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CIPT Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
CIPT Certification Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this Certified Information Privacy Technologist Training (CIPT) course:
- Enterprise system architects (CTO, CIO)
- Business process professionals (purchase decision makers for IT services and products)
- Software, network, database and system professionals, including architects, designers, developers, engineers and administrators
- IT and data governance professionals
- Risk and regulatory compliance managers
- IT project/program managers
- Information security professionals (CISO, CSO)
- IT compliance and auditing professionals (CISM, CISA)
- Anyone who wants to secure a place in the information economy
CIPT Certification Training Course – Objectives:
After attending our Certified Information Privacy Technologist Training (CIPT), you will gain sufficient knowledge to successfully pass the IAPP CIPT exam and be able to:
- Use industry-standard guidelines for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and
destruction of personal information
- Recognize IT risks and mistakes organizations make when embedding privacy in the IT environment
- Know privacy considerations for IT systems and applications
- Use established methods for end-user notification and choice through IT system and
- Implement system controls for identity and access management (IAM)
- Select appropriate privacy-enabling technologies
- Understand requirements for identifiability, authentication and anonymization
- Understand and address online privacy threats and challenges
- Understand privacy considerations in evolving technologies (cloud computing, biometrics, IoT and more)
The CIPT exam consists of 70 scored multiple-choice items and 20 non-scored multiple-choice trial items, some of which are scenario-based. The passing score is 300 out of 500 possible points.
CIPT Certification Renewal
The CIPT credential is valid for two years. To maintain you credential, you must meet two minimum requirements over the term of your certification:
- Pay an annual certification maintenance fee (included in IAPP’s membership fee).
- Fulfill 20 hours of continuing privacy education (CPE).
- Learn more about the certification process, and download the IAPP Privacy Certification Candidate Handbook at https://iapp.org/certify/certification-process.
How does this CIPT Certification Training course differ from other security courses?
- As the global gold standard for privacy professionals, the CIPT certification is a key industry benchmark among top employers.
Will this Certified Information Privacy Technologist Training (CIPT) course help me to identify growth opportunities for me, my organization and my team?
- Backed by ANSI/ISO accreditation, a CIPT credential delivers higher earning potential and increased promotion opportunities because it shows a strong understanding of U.S. privacy laws and regulations.
Who will benefit from the CIPT Certification Training course?
- Data privacy individuals in IT, security, engineering, software engineering, data management or audit job roles. Whether you work in the public or private sector, data privacy skills are quickly becoming a must-have—and that’s a great opportunity for you.
What are the typical job titles of attendees for this Certified Information Privacy Technologist Training (CIPT) course?
Positions requiring CIPT certification:
- Data Privacy Consultant
- Data Privacy & Compliance Manager
- Global Privacy Program Manager
- Information Security Specialist
- Privacy Analyst
- Senior Counsel – Privacy
CIPT Certification Training – Course Content
Day 1: Privacy fundamentals and life cycle
Importance of privacy in IT environment
- Privacy and regulatory compliance requirements
- Privacy expectations
- Risks to IT environments
- Common mistakes
- Privacy vs. security
- Governance and role of IT professionals
- Important privacy documents (notices and relevant security and privacy policies)
- Relevant standards and frameworks
- SDLC privacy and security
- Privacy considerations in enterprise architecture (incident response, cross-border data transfers and Privacy Impact Assessments)
- Core privacy principles
Privacy in the information life cycle
- Stages of the information life cycle
- Privacy considerations for collection of information
- Privacy considerations for use of information
- Privacy considerations for disclosure of information
- Privacy considerations for retention of information
- Privacy considerations for destruction of information
Day 2: Privacy technologies, techniques and controls
Privacy-enabling technologies and controls
- Privacy challenges for enterprise IT architecture
- Identity and access management (IAM)
- Protecting credit card information
- Privacy and security controls for remote access and mobile devices
- Data encryption types, standards and implementation
- Automated data retrieval and audits
- Data masking and obfuscation
- Implementing DLP
- Privacy considerations for customer-facing applications
Common privacy techniques
- Identifiability of data
- Privacy-by-design principles
Privacy in online environment
- Online privacy expectations and requirements
- Privacy challenges with social media
- Common online threats and safeguards
- E-commerce and advertising
- Web tracking technologies (cookies, beacons and more)
- Machine-readable languages for privacy policies
- Web browser privacy and security features
- Secure web protocols (SSL/TLS, HTTPS)
Privacy and emerging technologies
- Cloud computing privacy and security concerns
- Wireless communications
- Principles of location-based technologies and services
- IoT and other smart technologies
- Electronic surveillance