Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA)
|Commitment||3 Days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
The CVA is a fundamental cybersecurity certification course that focuses on vulnerability assessments. The Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) course focuses on foundational information such as the importance of a Vulnerability Assessment and how it can help an engineer prevent serious break-ins in your organization.
The CVA training helps students understand the importance of vulnerability assessments by:
- Giving you special knowledge and skills in Vulnerability Assessment.
- Preparing you to apply this knowledge and exercise these skills in the interest of others.
- Helping you understand the importance of a Vulnerability Assessment and how it can help you prevent serious break-ins in your organization
This is accomplished by:
- Performing in-depth Labs that focus on the best choices in tools.
- Learning a methodology using conceptual and real-world repetition.
- Equipping you with the knowledge about what hackers look for when trying to hack into your network.
- Assessing for the cause of testing your company’s security posture to help better secure the infrastructure against hackers and or viruses, etc.
ACCREDITATIONS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Mapped to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- Approved on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
- The Certified Vulnerability Assessor exam is taken online through our Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from us.
- 3 Days of Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) from an Authorized Instructor
- Official Student Courseware (Electronic Version)
- Student Lab guide
- Exam Prep Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- CPEs: 24
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://www.wiley.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://www.amazon.com/
- Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer Training (CDRE)
- Certified Incident Handling Engineer Training (CIHE)
- Certified Powershell Hacker (CPSH) Training
- Certified Professional Ethical Hacker Training (CPEH)
- Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE)
- Certified Digital Forensics Examiner Training (CDFE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training (CISSO)
- Certified Network Forensics Examiner Training (CNFE)
- Certified Secure Web Application Engineer Training (CSWAE)
Upon completion, the Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) Workshop candidate will be able to,
- Why Vulnerability Assessment
- Vulnerability Types
- Assessing the Network
- Assessing Web Servers & Applications
- Assessing Remote & VPN Services
- Vulnerability Assessment Tools of the Trade
- Output Analysis
- We can adapt this Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CVA training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CVA training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CVA Certification Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) Course
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) Workshop are:
- A+, Net+
- Candidates should possess at least 12-24 months of professional work experience in fields such as Information Security, Information Technology, IT Audit, Risk Assessment, Compliance Management, and/or IT company Physical Security.
Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – COURSE DETAILS:
Module 01: Overview: Why Vulnerability Assessment?
Module 02: The Modern Vulnerability Landscape
Module 03: Assessing Networks for Vulnerabilities
Module 04: Assessing Web Servers and Applications
Module 05: Assessing Remote and VPN Services
Module 06: Vulnerability Assessment Tools of the Trade
Module 07: Vulnerability Assessment Output Analysis
Module 08: Overview: Nmap Reconnaissance Capabilities
Module 09: Obtaining, Compiling, and Installing Nmap
Module 10: Host Discovery Controls and Techniques
Module 11: Port Scanning Techniques and Algorithms
Module 12: Optimizing Nmap Scanning Performance
Module 13: Service and Application Version Detection
Module 14: Overview: The Nmap Scripting Engine
Module 15: Detecting and Subverting Firewalls and IDS
Module 16: Overview: Nessus Scanning Tools
Module 17: Obtaining, Compiling, and Installing Nessus
Module 18: Managing Nessus Scan Templates and Policies
Module 19: Nessus Report Analysis and Confirmation
Module 20: Scanning IoT, SCADA, and ICS Systems
Module 1 Lab – Getting Set Up
Module 3 Lab – Assessing the Network
Module 4 Lab – Vulnerability Types
Module 4 Lab – Assessing Web Servers
Module 5 Lab – Assessing the Network