Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) Course – Hands-on
In Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) improve your XenApp and XenDesktop image management and performance with Provisioning Services. Learn to install and configure a highly available Provisioning Services farm according to leading practices. In this course, you will learn about the architecture, communication, and processes that make up Provisioning Services to be successful with deploying and managing a farm. Manage and integrate vDisks and target devices with XenApp and XenDesktop for easy rollback, upgrades, and performance of Virtual Delivery Agent machines. At the end of this course you will be able to install, configure and manage the Provisioning Services solution.
This course is currently based on Citrix Provisioning Services 7.15.
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop who need to plan for, implement, or manage a Provisioning Services environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects.
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x.
- Attendance of the CXD-210 – Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration course is recommended.
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand Provisioning Services architecture and communication
- Install and configure a Provisioning Services farm
- Deploy Provisioning Services target devices for use with XenApp and XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agents
- Manage a Provisioning Services farm, vDisks, and target devices
- Understand Provisioning Services redundancy and failover
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) – Course Content
Module 1: Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
Module 2: Provisioning Services Infrastructure
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
Module 3: Streaming the vDisk
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
Module 4: Target Devices
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
Module 5: Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 6: Provisioning Services Redundancy
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
Module 7: Supporting Provisioning Services
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imagining
- Migrating vDisk images