Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) Course – Hands-on
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
- Built for experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop who need to plan for, implement, or manage a Provisioning Services environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- CXD-210 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x Administration
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand Provisioning Services architecture and communication
- How to install and configure a Provisioning Services farm
- How to deploy Provisioning Services target devices for use with XenApp and XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agents
- How to manage a Provisioning Services farm, vDisks, and target devices
- Understand Provisioning Services redundancy and failover
Citrix Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration Training (CXD-304) – Course Content
1 – Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
Getting started with Provisioning Services Provisioning Services Architecture
2 – Provisioning Services Infrastructure
The PVS server role The Farm database The vDisk Store
3 – Streaming the vDisk
Introduction to vDisks Machine preparation Streaming vDisks Boot methods
4 – Target Devices
Introduction to target devices Data I/O Handling persistent and non-persistent data
5 – Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
XenDesktop Setup Wizard Device Collections Published Apps and Desktops Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
6 – Provisioning Services Redundancy
Farm component redundancy Store redundancy Database redundancy
7 – Supporting Provisioning Services
Performing updates Auditing and support vDisk imagining Migrating vDisk images Troubleshooting