Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) Course – Hands-on
Learn to support end-users accessing virtual apps and desktops as part of a Citrix solution.
In Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) course you will learn to use Citrix Director to interact with user sessions and to capture information for solving issues or escalating to the administration team.
Gain foundational knowledge about the XenApp and XenDesktop technology and an understanding of how components interact.
You will learn about each component, focusing on common user related issues that may arise, and how to apply a methodical approach to solve them using real world scenarios.
By the end of the course, you will be able to solve or escalate end-user issues appropriately.
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Built for help desk members whom are new to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x and are focused on supporting end users.
- Potential students include help desk members, service desk members, and others who focus on solving user issues with XenApp and XenDesktop in a supporting role.
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- This course requires little to no previous experience with the 7.x version of the platform
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- How to support end-users connecting to Virtual Apps and Desktops through Citrix Receiver
- How to use Citrix Director to gather information and interact with user sessions
- A methodology to approach user related issues to minimize time to resolution
- An understanding of the XenApp and XenDesktop solution and the role of the components
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Helpdesk Support Training (CXD-105) – Course Content
Module 1: Fundamental Architecture
- for the Help Desk Role
- Introduction to XenApp and XenDesktop
- The Help Desk Role for XenApp and XenDesktop
- Help Desk Support Methodology
- Citrix Help Desk Priorities
Module 2: Citrix Director
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating the Director Console
- Performing Typical Help Desk Actions
Module 3: End User Access
- Access Methods
- Subscriptions, Favorites, and Experience Solving User Access Issues
- Real World Troubleshooting Scenarios
Module 4: Citrix Receiver
- Receiver Types
- Receiver Deployment Methods
- Solving User Issues with Citrix Receiver
Module 5: User Sessions
- Defining User Sessions
- Solving Session Related Issues
Module 6: Printing with User Sessions
- Printer Types and Management
- Solving Common Printer Related Issues
Module 7: Support
- Citrix Help Desk Support Methodology
- Solving Additional User Issues and Scenarios