Composite Materials for Aerospace Training is designed for mechanical or materials engineers and managers that are going to use composite materials, i.e., graphite/epoxy, etc., in aerospace and military applications. This will allow mechanical and materials engineers to use simplified “design” equations needed to estimate the type of laminate for their design. The Composite Materials for Aerospace Training course also offers engineering managers the opportunity to see the complexity involved in composite design. Each topic will include worked numerical examples. Specific applications from SPFIE, MSX, NEAR, and other programs will be presented.
- 3 days of Composite Materials for Aerospace Training with an expert instructor
- Composite Materials for Aerospace Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Composite Materials for Aerospace – https://www.wiley.com/
- Composite Materials for Aerospace – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Composite Materials for Aerospace – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Composite Materials for Aerospace Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Composite Materials for Aerospace – https://www.amazon.com/
Upon completing this Composite Materials for Aerospace course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What are the constituents of a composite, the analysis, tooling, and fabrication processes used to consolidate a composite component?
- Understand the effects of fabrication variables on the properties of the composite material.
- What are the generic mechanical and physical properties of composites versus traditional engineering materials?
- What are the limits of composites?
- What are a lamina, and a laminate and how does the stiffness of each lamina contribute to the overall stiffness of the composite?
- How are stiffness and rigidity used to form two sets of equations that link the in-plane forces and moments?
- How to calculate initial estimates of stresses within a lamina.
- What are various strength criteria, including the Tsai-Wu failure envelope?
- We can adapt this Composite Materials for Aerospace Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Composite Materials for Aerospace course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Composite Materials for Aerospace course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Composite Materials for Aerospace course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Composite Materials for Aerospace course:
- Designed for mechanical or materials engineers and managers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Composite Materials for Aerospace course are:
- Introduction to Composites
- Mechanics of Composite Materials
- Laminate Analysis
- Processing of Composites
- Fabrication of Composites
- Aerospace and Spacecraft Applications
- Design Case Studies