CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training (XK0-004); Unlike vendor-specific certifications, CompTIA Linux+ covers all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge. CompTIA Linux+ measures the necessary skills of an IT professional with hands-on experience configuring, monitoring, and supporting servers running the Linux operating system. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to configure, manage, operate, and troubleshoot a Linux environment by using security best practices, scripting, and automation. The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
- 5 days of hands-on CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training (XK0-004) with an expert instructor
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification Electronic Course Guide
- Practice exam questions
- Linux+ exam voucher
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification – https://www.wiley.com/
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- CompTIA A+ Certification Training (Exam 220-1001/1002)
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) Certification Training
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Training (N10-008)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Training
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) Certification Training
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-601)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor Training (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager Training (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Training (CISSP)
- Information System Security Engineering Professional Training (ISSEP)
Upon completing this CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training (XK0-004) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- In this course, you’ll learn how to manage, operate, configure, and maintain systems and hardware within a Linux environment.
- You’ll build knowledge on software operations, managing users, groups, and services, as well as understanding Linux boot process concepts and kernel modules. You’ll also learn how to:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Linux issues, including system properties, user issues, application, and hardware issues
- Apply security topics like user/group permissions and ownership, access, and authentication methods, Linux firewalls, file backup, restoration, and compression
- Demonstrate automation and scripting skills like BASH scripts and version control using GIT
- We can adapt this CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training (XK0-004) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CompTIA Linux+ Certification (XK0-004) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CompTIA Linux+ Certification course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CompTIA Linux+ Certification course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this CompTIA Linux+ Certification (XK0-004) course:
This course is ideal if you’re aspiring to or are practicing any of the following roles:
- Linux administrator
- Network administrator
- Web administrator
- Technical support specialist
- Systems administrator
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by employers.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- However, CompTIA strongly recommends you have either CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+ certifications, or 9 to 12 months of experience in configuring, monitoring, and supporting servers running the Linux OS.
Section 1: Hardware and System Configuration
- Explain Linux boot process concepts
- Given a scenario, install, configure, and monitor kernel modules
- Given a scenario, configure and verify network connection parameters
- Given a scenario, manage storage in a Linux environment
- Compare and contrast cloud and virtualization concepts and technologies
- Given a scenario, configure localization options
Section 2: Systems Operation and Maintenance
- Given a scenario, conduct software installations, configurations, updates, and removals
- Given a scenario, manage users and groups
- Given a scenario, create, modify, and redirect files
- Given a scenario, manage services
- Summarise and explain server roles
- Given a scenario, automate and schedule jobs
- Explain the use and operation of Linux devices
- Compare and contrast Linux graphical user interfaces
Section 3: Security
- Given a scenario, apply or acquire the appropriate user and/or group permissions and ownership
- Given a scenario, configure and implement appropriate access and authentication methods
- Summarise security best practices in a Linux environment
- Given a scenario, implement logging services
- Given a scenario, implement and configure Linux firewalls
- Given a scenario, backup, restore, and compress files
Section 4: Linux Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
- Given a scenario, analyze system properties and remediate accordingly
- Given a scenario, analyze system processes in order to optimize performance
- Given a scenario, analyze and troubleshoot user issues
- Given a scenario, analyze and troubleshoot application and hardware issues
Section 5: Automation and Scripting
- Given a scenario, deploy and execute basic BASH scripts
- Given a scenario, carry out version control using Git
- Summarise orchestration processes and concepts