CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501)
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course – Hands-on
The CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course provides the basic knowledge needed to plan, implement, and maintain information security in a vendor-neutral format. This includes risk management, host and network security, authentication and access control systems, cryptography, and organizational security. This CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) course maps to the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (SY0-501). Objective coverage is marked throughout the course.
Our CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) courseware has received the CompTIA Approved Quality Content (CAQC) validation, assuring that all test objectives are covered in the training material.
What is Security+ Certification?
The Security+ certification is considered to be the minimum level of certification for all IT security positions beyond entry-level. This CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) course delivers the core knowledge required to pass the exam and the skills necessary to advance to an intermediate-level security job.
Students will benefit most from this course if they intend to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam. Read our white paper titled “New Topics on the New Security+ SY0-501 Exam.” This CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
- 5 Days of CompTIA Security+ Training from an Authorized CompTIA Instructor
- CompTIA approved CompTIA Security+ Training Courseware (Digital and Print)
- CompTIA approved Security+ Practice Exams
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (SYO-501) exam voucher
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (Exam SY0-501) by Mike Chapple pdf
- CompTIA Security+ Certification by Darril Gibson – Kindle/Paperback/Amazon
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (Exam SY0-501) by Emmett Dulaney, Chuck Easttom, et al. – Paperback/Amazon
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (Exam SY0-501) by by Ian Neil – Kindle Book/Paperback/Amazon
- CompTIA Security+ Training (Exam SY0-501) by Mike Meyers – Kindle/Paperback/Hardcover/Amazon
- Security+ Training Practice Test (Exam SY0-501) by Mike Chapple Amazon Kindle
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course – Audience/Target Group
The CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) program, much like the certification itself, is intended for professionals who are responsible for network security and risk management. Some example job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- IT support technicians
- Help desk support
- Junior network administrators
- Application support analysts
- Security analysts
- Security specialists
- Anyone looking to learn a baseline of information security concepts
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course – Class Prerequisites
Attendees should be CompTIA A+ certified (or have equivalent experience) and CompTIA Network+ certified (or have equivalent experience) with 2-3 years networking experience.
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course – Objectives:
Security+ holders should be able to help organizations proactively identify potential security risks and respond more quickly when security breaches do occur. Upon completing this CompTIA Security+ Certification Training, you will have learned valuable knowledge and skills, including the ability to:
- Proactively implement sound security protocols to mitigate security risks
- Quickly respond to security issues
- Retroactively identify where security breaches may have occurred
- Design a network, on-site or in the cloud, with security in mind
In addition to a traditional multiple-choice format, the Security+ exam includes performance-based questions. Performance-based questions test your ability to solve a problem in a simulated environment. Preparing you for this type of test taking is an integral part of our curriculum. The CompTIA Security+ exam places greater emphasis on knowing how to address specific security issues, rather than simply being able to recognize these issues.
The new CompTIA Security+ Certification exam covers six major objectives, or topics:
- Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Technologies and tools
- Architecture and design
- Identity and access management
- Risk management
- Cryptography and PKI
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) – Meets DoD 8140/8570 Requirements:
Attention DoD Information Assurance workers! This Security+ Certification features intense training, and the exam is significant to IA workers in the DoD space, providing certification towards government security requirements. This includes the U.S. Department of Defense Directive 8570.1 mandate that department employees or contractors engaged in work related to information security be required to certify. The directive specifies CompTIA Security+ as a choice for Information Assurance Technician Level II and Information Assurance Manager I. DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training – Course Content
Chapter 1: Security Fundamentals
- Module A: Security concepts
- Module B: Risk management
- Module C: Vulnerability assessment
Chapter 2: Understanding attacks
- Module A: Understanding attackers
- Module B: Social engineering
- Module C: Malware
- Module D: Network attacks
- Module E: Application attacks
Chapter 3: Cryptography
- Module A: Cryptography concepts
- Module B: Public key infrastructure
Chapter 4: Network fundamentals
- Module A: Network components
- Module B: Network addressing
- Module C: Network ports and applications
Chapter 5: Securing networks
- Module A: Network security components
- Module B: Transport encryption
- Module C: Hardening networks
- Module D: Monitoring and detection
Chapter 6: Securing hosts and data
- Module A: Securing hosts
- Module B: Securing data
- Module C: Mobile device security
Chapter 7: Securing network services
- Module A: Securing applications
- Module B: Virtual and cloud systems
Chapter 8: Authentication
- Module A: Authentication factors
- Module B: Authentication protocols
Chapter 9: Access control
- Module A: Access control principles
- Module B: Account management
Chapter 10: Organizational security
- Module A: Security policies
- Module B: User training
- Module C: Physical security and safety
Chapter 11: Disaster planning and recovery
- Module A: Business continuity
- Module B: Fault tolerance and recovery
- Module C: Incident response