Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training
|Commitment||4 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Hands-on
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Extracting, Loading, Transforming, cleaning, and validating data
- Designing pipelines and architectures for data processing
- Creating and maintaining machine learning and statistical models
- Querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Completed Step 1. Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Big Data & Machine Learning Training course OR have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with common query language such as SQL
- Experience with data modeling, extract, transform, load activities Developing applications using a common programming language such Python
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and/or statistics
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Design and build data processing systems on Google Cloud Platform
- Process batch and streaming data by implementing autoscaling data pipelines on Cloud Dataflow
- Derive business insights from extremely large datasets using Google BigQuery
- Train, evaluate and predict using machine learning models using Tensorflow and Cloud ML
- Leverage unstructured data using Spark and ML APIs on Cloud Dataproc
- Enable instant insights from streaming data
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform Training – Course Content
Module 1: Google Cloud Dataproc Overview
- Creating and managing clusters.
- Leveraging custom machine types and preemptible worker nodes.
- Scaling and deleting Clusters.
- Lab: Creating Hadoop Clusters with Google Cloud Dataproc.
Module 2: Running Dataproc Jobs
- Running Pig and Hive jobs.
- Separation of storage and compute.
- Lab: Running Hadoop and Spark Jobs with Dataproc.
- Lab: Submit and monitor jobs.
Module 3: Integrating Dataproc with Google Cloud Platform
- Customize cluster with initialization actions.
- BigQuery Support.
- Lab: Leveraging Google Cloud Platform Services.
Module 4: Making Sense of Unstructured Data with Google’s Machine Learning APIs
- Google’s Machine Learning APIs.
- Common ML Use Cases.
- Invoking ML APIs.
- Lab: Adding Machine Learning Capabilities to Big Data Analysis.
Module 5: Serverless data analysis with BigQuery
- What is BigQuery.
- Queries and Functions.
- Lab: Writing queries in BigQuery.
- Loading data into BigQuery.
- Exporting data from BigQuery.
- Lab: Loading and exporting data.
- Nested and repeated fields.
- Querying multiple tables.
- Lab: Complex queries.
- Performance and pricing.
Module 6: Serverless, autoscaling data pipelines with Dataflow
- The Beam programming model.
- Data pipelines in Beam Python.
- Data pipelines in Beam Java.
- Lab: Writing a Dataflow pipeline.
- Scalable Big Data processing using Beam.
- Lab: MapReduce in Dataflow.
- Incorporating additional data.
- Lab: Side inputs.
- Handling stream data.
- GCP Reference architecture.
Module 7: Getting started with Machine Learning
- What is machine learning (ML).
- Effective ML: concepts, types.
- ML datasets: generalization.
- Lab: Explore and create ML datasets.
Module 8: Building ML models with Tensorflow
- Getting started with TensorFlow.
- Lab: Using tf.learn.
- TensorFlow graphs and loops + lab.
- Lab: Using low-level TensorFlow + early stopping.
- Monitoring ML training.
- Lab: Charts and graphs of TensorFlow training.
Module 9: Scaling ML models with CloudML
- Why Cloud ML?
- Packaging up a TensorFlow model.
- End-to-end training.
- Lab: Run a ML model locally and on cloud.
Module 10: Feature Engineering
- Creating good features.
- Transforming inputs.
- Synthetic features.
- Preprocessing with Cloud ML.
- Lab: Feature engineering.
Module 11: Architecture of streaming analytics pipelines
- Stream data processing: Challenges.
- Handling variable data volumes.
- Dealing with unordered/late data.
- Lab: Designing streaming pipeline.
Module 12: Ingesting Variable Volumes
- What is Cloud Pub/Sub?
- How it works: Topics and Subscriptions.
- Lab: Simulator.
Module 13: Implementing streaming pipelines
- Challenges in stream processing.
- Handle late data: watermarks, triggers, accumulation.
- Lab: Stream data processing pipeline for live traffic data.
Module 14: Streaming analytics and dashboards
- Streaming analytics: from data to decisions.
- Querying streaming data with BigQuery.
- What is Google Data Studio?
- Lab: build a real-time dashboard to visualize processed data.
Module 15: High throughput and low-latency with Bigtable
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Designing Bigtable schema.
- Ingesting into Bigtable.
- Lab: streaming into Bigtable.