Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training
|Commitment||5 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training Course – Hands-on
This Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training is the course to take if you have to defend web applications!
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training; The quantity and importance of data entrusted to web applications is growing, and defenders need to learn how to secure them. Traditional network defenses, such as firewalls, fail to secure web applications. Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training covers the OWASP Top 10 Risks and will help you better understand web application vulnerabilities, thus enabling you to properly defend your organization’s web assets.
Mitigation strategies from an infrastructure, architecture, and coding perspective will be discussed alongside real-world applications that have been proven to work. The testing aspect of vulnerabilities will also be covered so that you can ensure your application is tested for the vulnerabilities discussed in class. To maximize the benefit for a wider range of audiences, the discussions in this Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training course will be programming language agnostic. Focus will be maintained on security strategies rather than coding-level implementation.
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Application developers
- Application security analysts or managers
- Application architects
- Penetration testers who are interested in learning about defensive strategies
- Security professionals who are interested in learning about web application security
- Auditors who need to understand defensive mechanisms in web applications
- Employees of PCI compliant organizations who need to be trained to comply with PCI requirements
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- How to comprehensively remediate common web application vulnerabilities.
- How to apply defensive application design and coding practices to avoid security vulnerabilities.
- The HTTP protocol and new technologies such as SPDY and Websockets that affect the protocol stack.
- How to move away from basic web application security principles of “validating more” and implement effective security controls against vulnerabilities that input validation simply does not fix.
- How to customize, implement, and maintain a baseline security standard for the web applications development lifecycle, improving security and reducing exposure to common vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top 10 Risks.
- How to leverage HTTP header-level protection to apply strong defense systems on the client side by building another layer of defense on top of secure coding on the server side.
- How to design better and stronger security architecture that includes infrastructure aspects in the design process.
- How to understand cutting-edge web technologies (such as HTML5) and their security implications, avoiding security issues when utilizing these newer technologies.
Defending Web Applications Security Essentials Training – Course Content
Web Basics and Authentication Security
• HTTP basics
• Overview of web technologies
• Web application architecture
• Recent attack trends
• Authentication vulnerabilities and defense
• Authorization vulnerabilities and defense
Proactive Defense and Operation Security
• Cross-site scripting vulnerability and defenses
• Web environment configuration security
• Intrusion detection in web application
• Incident handling
AJAX and Web Services Security
• Web services overview
• Security in parsing of XML
• XML security
• AJAX technologies overview
• AJAX attack trends and common attacks
• AJAX defense
Cutting-Edge Web Security
• DNS rebinding
• Flash security
• Java applet security
• Single-sign-on solution and security
• IPv6 impact on web security
Capture and Defend the Flag Exercise
• Mitigation of server configuration errors
• Discovering and mitigating coding problems
• Testing business logic issues and fixing problems
• Web services testing and security problem mitigation
• Reinforcement through exercises of key topics discussed throughout the course.