Delivering 5G Voice Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Delivering 5G Voice Training Course – Hands-on
Although 5G networks are in their infancy, voice delivery over 5G is already a key consideration for mobile service providers. This Delivering 5G Voice Training course will explain how voice services are delivered across a 5G system, covering areas such as architectural requirements, protocols, APIs and initial procedures. In addition, a variety of call scenarios will be examined, including service continuity scenarios related to LTE and CS networks.
Delivering 5G Voice Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Delivering 5G Voice Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Delivering 5G Voice Training – Course Content
Section 1 – Architectural Requirements for 5G Voice
- 5G System Architecture.
- IMS Architecture.
Section 2 – Key Protocols and APIs for 5G Voice
- Exploration of SIP.
- Relevant APIs for IMS to 5G interaction.
Section 3 – Initial Procedures for 5G Voice
- Identities used in 5G Voice.
- Network Registration.
- Security Considerations.
Section 4 – 5G Voice Call Procedures
- End to End call flow analysis.
- 5GS, IMS and PCC considerations.
- Call termination.
Section 5 – PSTN Interworking
- MO PSTN Call.
- MT PSTN Call.
Section 6 – Interworking Considerations
- Service Centralization.
- 5GS to EPC service continuity.
- 5GS to CS service continuity.
- Wi-Fi Calling.