Designing and Implementing the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution Training (GILB)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Designing and Implementing the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution Training (GILB) Course – Hands-on
The Gigamon® Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution is purpose-built to simultaneously maximize inline security tool performance and reliability, network resiliency and operational efficiency.
The two-day Designing and Implementing the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution Training (GILB) course will teach you how to best design and implement the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution to reduce costs, maximize security effectiveness and improve network resiliency. You’ll learn how to deliver the right data to the right tool at the right time, and learn how integrating advanced inline bypass functions helps redistribute traffic when a tool fails and maximizes the effectiveness of the remaining security tools.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Simplify architectures and enable security tools to do more, enabling faster onboarding of patches and new technology
- Help improve security posture and reduce network downtime when changing threat prevention tools
- Demonstrate competency in deploying solutions to maximize the effectiveness of your security stack
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
- Professionals tasked with the implementation and support of network visibility for security, including administrators, security engineers and network engineers
- Security operations (SecOps) staff, whose priority is the security of the network
- Network operations (NetOps) staff, whose priority is network uptime
Designing and Implementing the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution Training (GILB) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Gigamon solution fundamentals around network visibility
- Inline tools like ATP, IPS and WAF
- GigaSMART® software features, uses and configuration
- OR take the Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND) course
Designing and Implementing the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution Training (GILB) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Data requirements for inline security and network analysis tools
- Approaches and considerations for packet access for inline tools
- Traffic sizing for inline security and network analysis tools
- How to filter traffic to meet the needs of security tools
- Load sharing between inline security and network analysis tools
- How to implement tool groupings for inline processing
- Traffic management for inline processing
- How to replicate traffic to out-of-band tools for augmenting inline security
Designing and Implementing the Gigamon Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution Training (GILB) – Course Content
- Module 1: GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform Overview
- Module 2: Inline Bypass Foundations
- Module 3: Design Considerations for the Inline Bypass Threat Prevention Solution
- Module 4: Flexible Inline Arrangements
- Module 5: Provisioning High Availability
- Module 6: Gigamon Inline SSL Decryption Design and Implementation