Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487)
|Commitment||5 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) Course – Hands-on
In Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) course, you will learn to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. You will also learn to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20487: Developing Windows Azure and Web Services. It covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-487 and, in conjunction with hands-on experience, can help you prepare for the exam.
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Novice and experienced .NET developers with a minimum of six months programming experience and want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
- Secondary: .NET developers with Web application development experience who are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Microsoft Azure.
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Experience with C# programming, including Lambda expressions, LINQ, and anonymous types
- Understanding the concepts of n-tier applications
- Experience with querying and manipulating data with ADO.NET
- Knowledge of XML data structures
- Developing ASP.NET 4.5 MVC Web Applications (M20486)
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Describe the basic concepts of service development and data access strategies using the .NET platform.
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and its compute, data, and application hosting offerings.
- Design and develop a data-centric application using Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework Core.
- Design, implement, and consume HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Extend HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Host services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy services to both on-premises and cloud environments and manage the interface and policy for their services.
- Choose a data storage solution, cache, distribute, and synchronize data.
- Monitor, log, and troubleshoot services.
- Describe claim-based identity concepts and standards, and implement authentication and authorization with Azure Active Directory.
- Create scalable service applications.
Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Training (M20487) – Course Content
1. Overview of Service and Cloud Technologies
- Key components of distributed applications
- Data and data access technologies
- Service technologies
- Cloud computing
- Exploring Blue Yonder Airlines’ travel companion application
2. Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- ADO.NET Overivew
- Creating an entity data model
- Querying data
- Manipulating data
3. Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web API Services
- What are HTTP services?
- Creating an ASP.NET Web API service
- Handling HTTP requests and responses
- Hosting and consuming ASP.NET Web API services
4. Extending and Securing ASP.NET Web API Services
- ASP.NET Web API request pipeline
- Creating OData services
- Implementing security in ASP.NET Web API services
- Injecting dependencies into controllers
5. Creating WCF Services
- Advantages of creating services with WCF
- Creating and implementing a contract
- Configuring and hosting WCF services
- Consuming WCF services
6. Hosting Services
- Hosting Services On-Premise
- Hosting Services in Windows Azure
7. Windows Azure Service Bus
- Windows Azure Service Bus Relays
- Windows Azure Service Bus Queues
- Windows Azure Service Bus Topics
8. Deploying Services
- Web Deployment with Visual Studio 2012
- Creating and Deploying Web Application Packages
- Command-Line Tools for Web Deploy
- Deploy Web and Service Applications to Windows Azure
- Continuous Delivery with TFS and Git
- Best Practices for Production Deployment
9. Windows Azure Storage
- Introduction to Windows Azure Storage
- Windows Azure Blot Storage
- Windows Azure Table Storage
- Windows Queue Storage
- Restricting Access to Windows Azure Storage
10. Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Performing diagnostics using tracing
- Configuring service diagnostics
- Monitoring services using Windows Azure diagnostics
- Collecting Windows Azure metrics
11. Identity Management and Access Control
- Claim-based identity concepts
- Using the Windows Azure Access Control Service
- Configuring services to use federated identities
12. Scaling Services
- Introduction to Scalability
- Load balancing
- Scaling on-premise services with distributed cache
- Windows Azure caching
- Scaling globally
13. Appendix A: Designing and Extending WCF Services
- Applying Design Principles to Service Contracts
- Handling Distributed Transactions
- Extending the WCF Pipeline
14. Appendix B: Implementing Security in WCF Services
- Introduction to Web Services Security
- Transport Security
- Message Security
- Configuring Services Authentication and Authorization