In this 2-day Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles Training (DIRCM), the design of phase- and amplitude-sampling DRFM architectures are presented along with their problems and solutions. Narrowband and wideband designs are compared. Calculation of the spurious signals is presented and design strategies for advanced DRFM decoys for counter-targeting, and counter-terminal applications are emphasized. Methods to synthesize multiple, structured false-targets against high-range resolution profiling radars (ISAR, SAR) are presented.
Derivation of false-target phase and gain coefficients are discussed including those for the required clutter models. Digital circuit design issues e.g., quantization errors, overflow, and dynamic range are addressed. Methods used by adversaries to discriminate the DRFM false targets from actual targets are offered to lead to further DRFM design considerations. Lessons learned from recent EW flight tests are emphasized.
This Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) course is intended primarily for radar, EW engineers, and scientists interested in the design of digital RF memories and signal processing algorithms for electronic attacks. Attendees should have a good knowledge of radar systems and signal processing. Many example problems are worked out to demonstrate the concepts and further the understanding of the material being presented.
- 3 days of Digital Radio Frequency Memories Training (DRFM) with an expert instructor
- Digital Radio Frequency Memories (DRFM) Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) – https://www.wiley.com/
- Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principle (DIRCM) – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM)– https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles Training (DIRCM) – https://www.amazon.com/
- We can adapt this Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles Training (DIRCM) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
Upon completing this Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles Training (DIRCM) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
The target audience for this Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles (DIRCM) course are:
- Architectures, Design Trade-offs Phase– and amplitude sampling architectures; Single and double sideband systems; Mathematical models for both digital and analog components; Limitations including noise components; Prediction of dynamic performance and derivation of DRFM transfer functions;
- Technical Considerations Instantaneous, operating bandwidth requirements; Significant problems in DRFM design and their solutions; Calculation of spurious signals; Efficiency comparison between phase and amplitude designs;
- Algorithms for Electronic Attack Overall performance prediction of electronic attack; Algorithms for time-delay, advance modulation; for electronic attack; Algorithms for frequency modulation; Effects of coordinated time-frequency modulation; Directed Infrared Countermeasures Principles Training (DIRCM)
- Advanced Decoy Processor Designs DRFM role in the hard-kill chain; Counter-surveillance, counter-targeting, and counter-terminal applications; Effects on coherent range-Doppler processors; Digital image synthesizer design; False target and sea-clutter coefficients; Bit-level models and pipelined architectures;
- Lessons from UAS EW Flight Tests Electromagnetic maneuver warfare (EMW) and counter-SAM suppression configurations; Eliminating geometrical EA limitations; Measures of effectiveness; Fielded DRFM configurations; DRFM swarm concepts and preliminary flight test results;
- Differentiating DRFM false targets Statistical signal processing; Principal component analysis and the Fisher ratio; Polarization modulation algorithms; Multivariate analysis of variance; Multi-layer perceptrons.