Docker Fundamentals Training
Docker Fundamentals Training Course – Hands-on
In Docker Fundamentals Training, you will learn the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. You’ll also gain an understanding of basic container orchestration and learn how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm cluster. This Docker Fundamentals course provides you with essential foundational knowledge for all other official Docker courses.
This Docker Fundamentals course is also available as a four-day bundle offering, which includes Docker Fundamentals and Operations in a single intensive training experience.
Docker Fundamentals Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this Docker Fundamentals course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Docker Fundamentals course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Docker Fundamentals around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Docker Fundamentals course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Docker Fundamentals Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this Docker Fundamentals course:
- Developers, operators, and architects desiring a strong foundation in Docker technologies and an introductory hands-on experience building, shipping, and running Docker containers.
Docker Fundamentals Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Docker Fundamentals course are:
- Familiarity with Linux command line.
Docker Fundamentals Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this Docker Fundamentals course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What Docker is and how Docker can modernize the software supply-chain
- Conceptualize a mental model for Docker workflow
- Foundations of Docker security and apply secrets management
- Foundations of containerization on a single Docker node
- Dockerize an application by writing Dockerfiles
- Create and manage images
- Apply a basic continuous integration model for Docker
- Usage of volumes
- Apply concepts of the Docker networking model
- Write stack-based compose files
- How Swarm works
- Deploy a swarm application and scale it out
- Apply common Swarm operations