Docker Troubleshooting and Support Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Docker Troubleshooting and Support Training Course – Hands-on
The Docker Troubleshooting and Support Training course is a role-based course designed for an organization’s support teams to troubleshoot the variety of issues that arise in their Docker journey. The course covers best practices to identify and remedy production issues as well as remedy resource problems and network-related issues. This course features hands-on labs, enterprise-focused scenarios, and practical examples along with a variety of assessment instruments from practice quiz questions, lab exercises, to project-based signature assignment for learners to practice.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Docker Troubleshooting and Support Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Technical Support professionals working in an Enterprise developing mission critical line of business applications.
Docker Troubleshooting and Support Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Plan a troubleshooting strategy supported by information provided by the Docker platform
- Identify and fix issues with the Docker Engine, UCP and DTR
- Identify and fix system resource problems impacting the Docker Platform
Docker Troubleshooting and Support Training – Course Content
- Problem Solving Strategies
- Logging & Monitoring Strategies
- Docker Documentation
- UCP Support Dump
- Troubleshooting Resource Problems
- Troubleshooting Networking Problems
- Troubleshooting UCP
- Troubleshooting DTR
- Disaster Recovery
- Engaging Docker Support
- Troubleshooting & Support Signature Assignment