Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training
|Commitment||3-5 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training Course – Hands-on
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Exploit the full power of Excel for building thermal & fluid models.
- Master the built-in VBA programming environment.
- Implement advanced data I/O, manipulation, analysis, and display.
- Create full featured graphical interfaces and interactive content.
- Optimize performance for multi-parameter systems and designs.
- Integrate interdisciplinary and multi-physics capabilities.
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training – Course Content
Excel/VBA Review. Excel capabilities. Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Input/output (I/O) basics. Integrating functions & subroutines.
Identifying Scope & Capabilities. Defining model requirements. Project scope. User inputs. Model outputs.
Quick Prototyping. Creating key functions. Testing I/O & calculations. Confirming overall approach.
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training – Defining Model Structure. Refining model architecture. Identifying input mechanisms. Defining output data & graphics.
Designing Graphical User Interfaces. Using ActiveX controls. Custom user-forms. Creating system diagrams & other graphics. Model navigation.
Building & Tuning the VBA Engine. Programming techniques. VBA integrated development environment. Best practices for performance.
Customizing Output Results. Data tables. Plots. Interactive output.
Exploiting Built-in Excel Functions. Advanced math functions. Data handling.
Integrating External Data. Retrieving online data. Array handling. Curve fitting.
Adding Interdisciplinary Capabilities. Integrating other technical analyses. Financial/cost models.
Unleashing GoalSeek & Solver. Single variable, single target using GoalSeek. Multivariable optimization using Solver.
Incorporating Scenarios. Comparing multiple designs. Tradeoff comparisons. Parameter sensitivities. Quick what-if evaluations.
Documentation, References, & Links. Documenting inputs, methodology, and results. Incorporating references. Adding links to files & online data.
Formatting & Protection. Optimizing formatting for reporting. Protecting algorithms & proprietary data. Distribution tips.
Engineering Systems Modeling With Excel/VBA Training – Flexibility, Standardization, & Configuration Control. Building user flexibility and extensibility. Standardizing algorithms. Version & configuration control.
Other Useful Tips & Tricks. Practical hands-on techniques & tips.
Application Topics. Tailored to participant interests.