Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FEMA) Course – Hands-on
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis training(FEMA) covers the procedures, tools and methods on how to identify potential modes of failure prior to the launch of a new product/system or modifying an existing one. Attendees will learn how to choose tools and manage projects and teams to effectively carry out FMEA processes.
FMEA training will teach the attendees how to reduce organization’s risk of costly mistakes and how to identify potential modes of failure before launching a new product or modifying an existing one. FMEA is a product development (or process analysis) tool used to anticipate modes of failure and mitigate potential risk.
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- System and software engineers
- System designers
- Process engineer
- Manufacturing supervisor
- Product engineer
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA) Course – Objectives
Learn how Process FMEA starts as a documented analysis implemented to help prevent and/or detect process problems and their causes: identify concerns with the sources of variation and then define and take corrective action. Process FMEA will help you to access risk or the likelihood of significant problem, Troubleshoot problems with tools such as Process flow diagram with brief description of the manufacturing process or operation.
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA) – Course Content
Introduction to FMEA
- What is an FMEA ( Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) ?
- FMEA key terms and principles
- Benefits of FMEA
- Definition of Failure Modes
- Objectives of an FMEA
- Carrying out an FMEA
- FMEA Standards
- How FMEA is used
- FMEA Process
- FMEA Reporting
- Evaluating the Effects of each Failure Mode on your System
- Failure Detection Methods and Corrective Actions
Steps in the FMEA Process
- Failure modes (What could go wrong?)
- Failure causes (Why would the failure happen?)
- Failure effects (What would be the consequences of each failure?)
- FMEA Matrix
- Probability of occurrence ,
- Probability of detection
Inside FMEA Matrix
- How to Complete a Process FMEA
- Failure Mode
- What could go wrong?
- Failure Causes
- Why would the failure happen?
- Failure Effects
- What would be the consequences of failure?
- Likelihood of Occurrence
- Likelihood of Detection
- Risk Priority Number (RPN)
- Likelihood of Occurrence × Likelihood of Detection × Severity
- Typical Tools Used in FMEA
- Teams and Team Mechanics of FMEA
- Concept FMEA
- System FMEA
- Design FMEA
- Process FMEA
- Service FMEA
- Machine FMEA
FMEA Case Studies and Workshops
- FMEA Flow and its Role In Failure Mode Avoidance
- Automotive Industry
- Electromechanical Industry
- Hardware and Software
- Semiconductor Industry
- Medical Device Industry
- Oil and Gas
- Green Industry
- FMEA Lessons Learned
- FMEA Process
- FMEA Checklist
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Training (FMEA) Course Wrap-Up