Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training v6.0
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training Course – Hands-on
In this two-day Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training course, you will learn how to use advanced FortiGate networking and security.
Topics include features commonly applied in complex or larger enterprise or MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, single sign-on (SSO), web proxy, and diagnostics.
- FortiOS 6.2
Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training v6.2 Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training v6.2 Course – Audience/Target Group
- Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a network infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
- This course assumes knowledge of basic FortiGate fundamentals. Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security course before attending the FortiGate Infrastructure course.
Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training v6.2 Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Knowledge of firewall concepts in an IPv4 network
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of FortiGate, as presented in the FortiGate Security course
Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training v6.2 Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Analyze a FortiGate route table
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multipath and load -balanced deployments
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device
- Divide FortiGate into two or more virtual devices, each operating as an independent FortiGate, by configuring virtual domains (VDOMs)
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate devices
- Compare policy-based to route-based IPsec VPN
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant VPN
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance
- Deploy implicit and explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching
- Diagnose and correct common problems
This course and the FortiGate Security course are intended to help you prepare for the NSE 4 certification exam.
Fortinet FortiGate Infrastructure Training v6.2 – Course Content
- Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Virtual Domains
- Layer 2 Switching
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO)
- High Availability (HA)
- Web Proxy