Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND)
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND) Course – Hands-on
The Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND) is the essential element in your organization’s security strategy. The Gigamon Foundation course is the first building block in learning how to implement and configure the GigaSECURE platform in your enterprise.
Through comprehensive discussions, real-world use cases and practical hands-on labs, this course covers the foundational skills needed by security and network teams to understand how to initially configure Gigamon products and GigaSMART® features. The course will help you accelerate deployment and the expected ROI for security solutions that incorporate the GigaSECURE Security Delivery Platform.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
- Security, networking and cloud architects, administrators and operations staff who are Gigamon customers but new to Gigamon products
- Gigamon partners who focus on security and networking and who are using Gigamon products for the first time
Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Data security protection and prevention fundamentals
- Fundamentals of route switch technologies
Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- The different Gigamon product layers and how they function as part of a security solution
- How to plan for, and ultimately deploy, Gigamon products into your data center
- Different sources of traffic and how they impact your overall security solution
- How to install a new Gigamon GigaVUE® HC Series appliance into your network for the purpose of security monitoring
- How to create flow maps to help ensure that the right traffic gets to the right tool at the right time
- How to use GigaSMART features to improve your organization’s security posture
Gigamon Foundation: Learn the Essentials to Start on the Road to Success Training (GFND) – Course Content
- Module 1: Gigamon Solution Overview
- Module 2: Deployment, Planning and Installation of Gigamon Solution Components
- Module 3: Understanding Traffic Sources
- Module 4: Preparing for a Gigamon Solution Deployment
- Module 5: Gigamon Solution Installation and Initial Configuration
- Module 6: Configuring Clustering
- Module 7: The Principles of Flow Mapping
- Module 8: GigaSMART Overview