GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training provides extensive coverage of multisensor integration by flight-validated methods. The instructor is the author of innovations in carrier phase, integrity, inertial error propagation (Matlab program for long term, commonality with tracking for short-term), and practical estimation techniques. It can benefit anyone involved in GNSS, inertial navigation or tracking, or any integrated combination.
The motivation was prompted by vulnerability jamming and spoofing in current operations, drawing urgent attention toward robustness in satellite navigation (GNSS). Primary attention is given to GNSS (satellite) and inertial navigation, either used separately or together, with additional sensors (e.g., magnetometer, radar) also included. Both navigation and tracking of external objects are addressed, illuminating similarities and differences among applications.
Most operations don’t require pinpoint instantaneous location in minuscule volumes, but dynamic accuracy remains crucial (e.g., projecting over a minute ahead for collision avoidance). Prudence then urges precision in dynamics while accepting an adequate position without laborious efforts vulnerable to catastrophic errors. The goal is met through sequential differencing of carrier phase and separate correction with pseudo-range measurements, all subjected to rigorously derived integrity testing. Tight integration only begins to describe the approach.
The GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training course begins with fundamentals, showing the clear intuitive connection of mathematics to physical examples, followed by a natural transition to advanced material. Practical realities are given top priority, by delivering maximum effectiveness from the simplest permissible representations.
- 4 days of GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training with an expert instructor
- GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy – https://www.packtpub.com/
- GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy – https://www.amazon.com/
Upon completing this GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- To prepare and integrate raw GNSS measurements (pseudo-range and carrier phase, with raw data adhering to a different time base (from gyros, accelerometers, magnetometers)
- To achieve state-of-the-art performance from low-cost equipment, counteracting long-term drifts
- To follow direct step-by-step procedures, leaving you with an entirely new depth of understanding closed form solution for inertial error propagation, tilt, and velocity errors; intuitive results for durations up to a tenth Schuler period
- Analytical characterization for an average rate of drift from pseudo coning
- An extensive array of motion-sensitive errors for gyros and accelerometers, including rectification effects
- Dramatic simplification of inertial error propagation and in Kalman filter models
- The commonality of short-term INS error propagation with simple track formulation
- Carrier phase benefits include the elimination of all problems involving integer ambiguity and interoperability
- Description of FFT-based GPS processing and the major benefits it offers
- Multiple advancements in RAIM including an independent extension to each separate measurement tracking application
- Extensive description of related operations (transfer alignment, SAR motion compensation, etc.)
- We can adapt this GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy course are:
- Basic Motion. Motion in 1, 2, and 3 dimensions. Relative motion. Modes. Coordinate frames.
- Motion Involving Rotation. Angles. Gimbal lock. Direction cosines. Quaternions. Motion over ellipsoid.
- Inertial Navigation Fundamentals. 1- & 3-axis platforms. Gyros. Accelerometers. Geographic-vs-wander azimuth.
- Inertial Navigation Processing. Rotation and translation increments. Quantization effects. Task lists.
- Inertial Navigation Errors. Schuler. Closed-form solutions. Intuitive insights. Motion-induced drift.
- Updating to Follow Dynamics. Thorough 1-axis channel (North, vertical) scrutiny. Sync. Estimation intro. GPS/GNSS/IMU Integration for Robustness/Accuracy Training
- Linear Estimation Development. From simple to full general cases. Development is followed by several examples.
- Estimation Algorithmic Designs. Practical issues. Transition matrix. Modeling. Extended & suboptimal forms.
- Performance with Departures from Theoretical Idealizations. Block & sequential forms. Nonlinearity. Inexact values. Crucial decisions.
- Satellite Navigation Fundamentals. 1, 2, 3, and 4 dimensions. Elliptical orbit parameters. Timing effects.
- Navigating with GPS. Range and pseudorange. ECEF. GPS orbits. ICD. 4_SV snapshot. GDOP.
- GPS/INS. Full & reduced dynamics. Differencing. Loose/tight/ultra. Process noise.
- Integrity. Definitions, approaches, outcomes. RAIM & extensions. Parity. Examples.
- GPS Carrier Phase: Catastrophic Error Avoidance. Integrated doppler. Sequential changes. Residuals. Sensitivities. Benefits.
- Block and Sequential Formulation. Exploiting the relation. GPS/INS segmentation. Full formulation with RAIM.
- Tracking Air-to-Air, Surface-to-Air, Air-to-Surface. Active or passive. Ballistic, projectile, or orbiting. Cooperative or not.
- Track Support Functions. Transfer alignment. SAR. Stabilization. Surveillance. Collision avoidance.
- Real-world GPS Results with and without INS. Van & flight test. Flight paths, pseudo-range & precise phase residuals.
- Unaided (“Free”) Inertial Coast Performance. Straight & turning flight. Position, velocity, and attitude error history.
- Robustness/Resilience. All functions’ data rates, features, and challenges. Raw data on interface!!
- System Operational Considerations. Fusion. I/O. Timing. Software. V&V. Integration. Coordination. Confidence.