Ground System Design and Operation Training
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Ground System Design and Operation Training provides a practical introduction to all aspects of ground system design and operation. Starting with basic communications principles, an understanding is developed of ground system architectures and system design issues. The function of major ground system elements is explained, leading to a discussion of day-to-day operations. The course concludes with a discussion of current trends in Ground System design and operations.
This Ground System Design and Operation Training course is intended for engineers, technical managers, and scientists who are interested in acquiring a working understanding of ground systems as an introduction to the field or to help broaden their overall understanding of space mission systems and mission operations. It is also ideal for technical professionals who need to use, manage, operate, or purchase a ground system.
- 3 days of Ground System Design and Operation Training with an expert instructor
- Ground System Design and Operation Training Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Ground System Design and Operation Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Ground System Design and Operation – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Ground System Design and Operation – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Ground System Design and Operation Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Ground System Design and Operation – https://www.amazon.com/
Upon completing this Ground System Design & Operation course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- The fundamentals of ground system design, architecture, and technology.
- Cost and performance tradeoffs in the spacecraft-to-ground communications link.
- Cost and performance tradeoffs in the design and implementation of a ground system.
- The capabilities and limitations of the various modulation types (FM, PSK, QPSK).
- The fundamentals of ranging and orbit determination for orbit maintenance.
- Basic day-to-day operations practices and procedures for typical ground systems.
- Current trends and recent experiences in cost and schedule-constrained operations.
- We can adapt this Ground System Design & Operation Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Ground System Design & Operation course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Ground System Design & Operation course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Ground System Design & Operation course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending these Ground System Design and Operation course are:
- The Link Budget — An introduction to basic communications system principles and theory; system losses, propagation effects, Ground System Performance, and frequency selection.
- Ground System Architecture and System Design — An overview of ground system topology providing an introduction to ground system elements and technologies.
- Ground System Elements — An element-by-element review of the major ground system subsystems, explaining roles, parameters, limitations, tradeoffs, and current technology.
- The figure of Merit (G/T) — An introduction to the key parameter used to characterize satellite ground system performance, bringing all ground system elements together to form a complete system.
- Modulation Basics — An introduction to modulation types, signal sets, analog and digital modulation schemes, and modulator–demodulator performance characteristics.
- Ranging and Tracking — A discussion of ranging and tracking for orbit determination.
- Ground System Networks and Standards — A survey of several ground system networks and standards with a discussion of applicability, advantages, disadvantages, and alternatives.
- Ground System Operations — A discussion of day-to-day operations in a typical ground system including planning and staffing, spacecraft commanding, health and status monitoring, data recovery, orbit determination, and orbit maintenance.
- Trends in Ground System Design — A discussion of the current approach to Ground System design and operation, including COTS hardware and software systems, autonomy, and unattended “lights out” operations.