GSM, GPRS, EDGE and RAN Optimization Training
|Commitment||5 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization Training Course – Hands-on
GSM/GPRS/EDGE operators worldwide face the challenge of setting the RAN parameters to achieve optimum network performance. Different equipment vendors choose different approaches to solve the same design, optimization, and tuning problems. Different operators make differing architectural and design choices as well, leading to different parameter configurations. To further add to the complexity, an operator may have equipment from multiple vendors. All this makes it difficult to reduce optimization to simple rules of thumb.
In this GSM, GPRS, EDGE and RAN Optimization Training course, we will study GSM/GPRS/EDGE optimization in all its complexity, including the network parameters for the idle and busy mode of operation, basic and added radio network features and their characteristics, and desired versus actual network performance considering the interaction between the features simultaneously active in a network. The GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization training course will conclude with a discussion of real-life design and optimization scenarios.
GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this GSM, GPRS, EDGE and RAN Optimization Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this GSM, GPRS, EDGE and RAN Optimization Training course:
- Engineers who have prior experience with GSM, GPRS, and EDGE and wish to learn how to optimize GSM/GPRS/EDGE radio networks.
GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization Training – Course Content
Principles of Tuning and Optimization: An Introduction
Idle Mode Behavior
- Cell selection parameters
- Cell reselection parameters
- Location updating parameters
- Paging parameters
Handover Algorithm: Locating
- Overview of the algorithm steps
- Basic ranking procedure
- Preparation of the candidates list
Radio Features and Parameters that Impact the Basic Candidate List
- Reasons for and discussion of rearranging the basic candidate list
- Hierarchical cell structure
- Assignment to other cell
- Intra cell handover
- Cell load sharing
- OL/UL subcells
Optimizing the Allocation of Resources
- Channel administration
- Channel allocation optimization
- Adaptive multirate
GSM/GPRS/EDGE RAN Optimization Training – Dynamic BTS/MS Power Control
Extending the Network Coverage
- GSM->UMTS cell reselection
- GSM->UMTS handover procedure
GPRS Optimization and Fine Tuning
- GPRS idle mode behavior
- GPRS cell reselection
- GPRS channel administration
- GPRS link adaptation
- EGPRS link quality control