GSM MAP Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
GSM MAP Training Course – Hands-on
Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) is the world’s leading wireless communication standard. This GSM MAP Training course defines the protocol structure and content of the messages which support the GSM mobile applications and services. You will gain a thorough knowledge of how messages are constructed and how mobile communications between elements is accomplished.
GSM MAP Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
GSM MAP Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- This course will be beneficial to Cellular and PCS providers and their agents who need an understanding of GSM network signaling. Others who could benefit would include those working in a NOC, network technical support, planners, network or traffic engineers and interconnection specialists.
GSM MAP Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- A basic knowledge of GSM mobile networks is helpful, but not required.
GSM MAP Training Course – Objectives:
- In this GSM MAP Training course you will learn about GSM components, subscriber identities along with network identities. We will briefly look at the lower layers of the SS7 protocol which is used for message routing and transport. Emphasis is placed on the TCAP ITU-T standard, the Mobile Application Part (MAP) application and signaling across the A-interface. Call-flow scenarios show how the various elements signal and communicate.
GSM MAP Training – Course Content
- GSM elements and subsystems
- Interfaces and numbering
- Signaling across the various interfaces
- GSM identities
Common Channel Signaling and Standards
- Switches, STPs and databases
- Links – low-speed & high-speed
- Network interconnection
- SS7 protocol and GSM
- 3GPP standards
GSM MAP Training – A-Interface
- Signaling on the A-interface
- Connection-oriented SCCP
- BSSMAP and DTAP
- Call flows across the A-interface
- ITU-T TCAP structure
- GSM MAP operations
- GSM MAP parameters
- GSM MAP standards documents
- ISDN-UP in handovers
GSM Call Flow Scenarios
- Location Updating
- Authentication and Ciphering
- Mobile Originated Calls
- Mobile Terminated Calls
- Short Message Service
Exercises are provided throughout the course, re-enforcing a practical understanding of the material.