Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) is the world’s leading wireless communication standard. This GSM MAP Training course defines the protocol structure and content of the messages which support the GSM mobile applications and services. You will gain a thorough knowledge of how messages are constructed and how mobile communications between elements are accomplished.
- 2 days of GSM MAP Training with an expert instructor
- GSM MAP Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- EDGE Training
- GPS Training | Global Positioning System Training
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Training Fundamentals
- GSM Training In Depth
- GSM and Security Training
- GSM System Engineering Training
- GSM and GPRS System Engineering Training
- GPRS Training | General Packet Radio Service Training
- GSM, GPRS, and UMTS Security Training
Upon completing this GSM MAP Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- In this GSM MAP course, you will learn about GSM components, subscriber identities along with network identities. We will briefly look at the lower layers of the SS7 protocol which is used for message routing and transport. Emphasis is placed on the TCAP ITU-T standard, the Mobile Application Part (MAP) application, and signaling across the A-interface. Call-flow scenarios show how the various elements signal and communicate.
- We can adapt this GSM MAP Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this GSM MAP course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the GSM MAP course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the GSM MAP course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this GSM MAP course:
- This GSM MAP course will be beneficial to Cellular and PCS providers and their agents who need an understanding of GSM network signaling. Others who could benefit would include those working in a NOC, network technical support, planners, network or traffic engineers, and interconnection specialists.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this GSM MAP course are:
- Basic knowledge of GSM mobile networks is helpful, but not required.
- GSM elements and subsystems
- Interfaces and numbering
- Signaling across the various interfaces
- GSM identities
Common Channel Signaling and Standards
- Switches, STPs, and databases
- Links – low-speed & high-speed
- Network interconnection
- SS7 protocol and GSM
- 3GPP standards
GSM MAP Training – A-Interface
- Signaling on the A-interface
- Connection-oriented SCCP
- BSSMAP and DTAP
- Call flows across the A-interface
- ITU-T TCAP structure
- GSM MAP operations
- GSM MAP parameters
- GSM MAP standards documents
- ISDN-UP in handovers
GSM Call Flow Scenarios
- Location Updating
- Authentication and Ciphering
- Mobile Originated Calls
- Mobile Terminated Calls
- Short Message Service