ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training
|Commitment||1 day, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training Course – Hands-on
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training is intended to provide existing ITIL® v3/2011 certificate holders with an overview of the latest version of the IT Service Management best practice: ITIL® 4. This course provides an introduction to ITIL 4 and how the global service management best practice has evolved to manage services holistically across a Service Value System (SVS), with a specific focus on the differences between ITIL® 4 and previous versions of ITIL®. After the training day, students will review the complete material set in preparation for their online, remote-proctored ITIL® 4 Foundation certificate exam.
The purpose of the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification is to introduce the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show how organizations and work can improve with the ITIL® 4 guidance. The qualification will provide the candidate with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working. This ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the higher ITIL® 4 qualifications.
- Students must hold an existing ITIL® v3/2011 certification in order be prepared to sit the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam
- Students will receive an exam voucher that allows them to schedule their ITIL® 4 Foundation exam for a convenient date / time / location – the exam will be remotely proctored
- To receive ITIL® 4 Foundation certification, the candidate must successfully pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam:
- 40 multiple choice questions , 60 minutes, closed book’ examination
- Passing mark is a minimum of 65% (26 out of 40)
- Exam is available in English – candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total
- The supporting book: ITIL Foundation, ITIL 4 Edition, (AXELOS, TSO, PDF and Print ISBN13: 9780113316076) is recommended but not mandatory reading for this course
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- This “bridging” course is specifically designed for existing ITIL® v3/2011 qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge and to gain the understanding of version changes to a level where they are prepared to sit the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam.
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training – Course Content
ITIL® 4 Foundation Bridging Certification Program Training is based on the ITIL® 4 Foundation material. It will be delivered with a focus on what’s changed from the previous ITIL® v3/2011 Foundation material. This course will not teach ITIL® v3/2011 Foundation basics that have not changed in ITIL® 4. The students will receive complementary training material that covers the ITIL® 4 Foundation topics not discussed in the classroom for their exam preparation study. The course includes:
Part 1: Key Service Management Concepts
- An overview of the major changes between ITIL® v3/2011 Foundation material and the latest ITIL® 4 Foundation version
- Understand the key concepts of service management
Part 2: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
Part 3: ITIL® Service Value System Organization structure
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL® service value system
Part 4: Governance
- Basic understanding of how governance is integrated into the ITIL® service value system
Part 5: ITIL® Guiding Principles
- Understand how the ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
Part 6: ITIL® Service Value Chain
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
Part 7: Continual Improvement
- Understand the Continual Improvement activities
Part 8: ITIL® Practices
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL® practices and understand the details of 7 of these ITIL® practices
Part 9: Exam Review and Course Closure