ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training
ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training Course – Hands-on
ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training course provides an introduction to ITIL® 4 and how the global service management best practice has evolved to manage services holistically across a Service Value System (SVS). ITIL® 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all the best from previous versions and expands on this body of knowledge, by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation.
ITIL® 4 provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services. It enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy and also integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Foundation qualification is to introduce the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show how organizations and work can improve with the ITIL® 4 guidance. The qualification will provide the candidate with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working.
- This is a 3-day instructor-led classroom course, including a proctored exam on the last day
- This course can also be delivered as a 2-day course as an instructor-led, virtual web-based training, with the candidates receiving an exam voucher to schedule after completion of the classroom training days
- To receive certification, the candidate must successfully pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam:
- 40 multiple choice questions , 60 minutes, closed book’ examination
- Passing mark is a minimum of 65% (26 out of 40)
- Exam is available in English – candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total
- The supporting book: ITIL Foundation, ITIL 4 Edition, (AXELOS, TSO, PDF and Print ISBN13: 9780113316076) is recommended but not mandatory reading for this course
Program Material (handout)
- Learner Manual, including a printed copy of the instructor presentation (excellent post-class reference) study-aids and sample exam
- Proctored exam (classroom students) or proctored exam voucher (virtual students)
ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Program Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Anyone seeking ITIL Foundation certification and everyone interested in aligning IT with business, controlling or reducing IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources in the most effective manner. All IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project or team members, coordinators, network operators, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, managed service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions.
The course will help students to understand:
- Key IT service management concepts
- How ITIL guiding principles can help and organization to adopt and adapt service management
- The 4 dimensions of service management
- The purpose and components of the service value system
- The activities of the service value chain and how the interconnect
- Know the purpose of key ITIL practices
- Preparation to sit the ITIL4 foundation examination
- Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
The ITIL® 4 Foundation exam tests whether you can recall and understand the ITIL® 4 service management framework well enough to be awarded the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification. The Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the higher ITIL® 4 qualifications, which assess your ability to apply your understanding of the framework in context.
The qualification will provide the student with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working, including:
Part 1: Key Service Management Concepts
- Understand the key concepts of service management
Part 2: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
Part 3: ITIL® Service Value System Organization structure
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL® service value system
Part 4: Governance
- Basic understanding of how governance is integrated into the ITIL® service value system
Part 5: ITIL® Guiding Principles
- Understand how the ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
Part 6: ITIL® Service Value Chain
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
Part 7: Continual Improvement
- Understand the Continual Improvement activities
Part 8: ITIL® Practices
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL® practices and understand the details of 7 of these ITIL® practices
Part 9: Exam Review and Course Closure