ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Program Training
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Program Training Course – Hands-on
ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Program Training course provides an introduction to ITIL® 4 and how the global service management best practice has evolved to manage services holistically across a Service Value System (SVS). ITIL® 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all the best from previous versions and expands on this body of knowledge, by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation.
ITIL® 4 provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services. It enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy and also integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
The purpose of the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification is to introduce the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and to show how organizations and work can improve with the ITIL® 4 guidance. The qualification will provide the candidate with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working.
- This is a 3-day instructor-led classroom course, including a proctored exam on the last day
- This course can also be delivered as a 2-day course as an instructor-led, virtual web-based training, with the candidates receiving an exam voucher to schedule after completion of the classroom training days
- To receive certification, the candidate must successfully pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam:
- 40 multiple choice questions , 60 minutes, closed book’ examination
- Passing mark is a minimum of 65% (26 out of 40)
- Exam is available in English – candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total
- The supporting book: ITIL Foundation, ITIL 4 Edition, (AXELOS, TSO, PDF and Print ISBN13: 9780113316076) is recommended but not mandatory reading for this course
Program Material (handout)
- Learner Manual, including a printed copy of the instructor presentation (excellent post-class reference) study-aids and sample exam
- Proctored exam (classroom students) or proctored exam voucher (virtual students)
ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Program Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Program Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in Service Management
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Individuals working in other parts of “IT” (digital, product, development) with strong interface with service delivery
- Existing ITIL® qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Program Training – Course Content
The ITIL® 4 Foundation exam tests whether you can recall and understand the ITIL® 4 service management framework well enough to be awarded the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification. The Foundation qualification is a prerequisite for the higher ITIL® 4 qualifications, which assess your ability to apply your understanding of the framework in context.
The qualification will provide the student with an understanding of the ITIL® 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working, including:
Part 1: Key Service Management Concepts
- Understand the key concepts of service management
Part 2: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
Part 3: ITIL® Service Value System Organization structure
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL® service value system
Part 4: Governance
- Basic understanding of how governance is integrated into the ITIL® service value system
Part 5: ITIL® Guiding Principles
- Understand how the ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
Part 6: ITIL® Service Value Chain
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
Part 7: Continual Improvement
- Understand the Continual Improvement activities
Part 8: ITIL® Practices
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL® practices and understand the details of 7 of these ITIL® practices
Part 9: Exam Review and Course Closure