Laser RADAR and Applications Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Laser RADAR and Applications Training Course – Hands-on
Laser RADAR and Applications Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Laser RADAR and Applications Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Laser RADAR and Applications Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- How is a LADAR designed?
- How is the LADAR optical system designed?
- How can the LADAR system be used?
- How is the LADAR beam delivered?
- What are the characteristics of the LADAR beam?
Laser RADAR and Applications Training – Course Content
LASER RADAR: EMERGING CAPABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
A Guide to Laser RADAR Capabilities for Mobile, Airborne and Space-Based Missions
What Critical System Functions are Required for Laser RADAR?
What are the Capability Requirements for Spacecraft-Based Laser RADAR Terminals?
Tools and Techniques for Detection, Recognition, Tracking and ID
CURRENT & FUTURE LASER RADAR SYSTEM PROTOTYPES & PROGRAMS
LITE-LADAR in Space
Remote Sensing of Wind Velocities and Atmospheric Turbulence
Coherent LADAR / Optical Phased Arrays
Proximity Detection and Fusing
Mine Detection and UXO
LADAR/LIDAR and Optical Comms Hybrids
Laser Power Transmission
OVERCOMING KEY TECHNOLOGY CHALLENGES
Where are the Opportunities in Laser RADAR Architectures Development?
When Will Enhanced Survivability be Realized?
Beam Transmission: Making it Work
Overcoming Key Atmospheric Effects Related to:
EXPERT INSIGHTS ON MEASURING LASER RADAR PERFORMANCE
Tools and Techniques for Establishing Requirements and Estimating Performance
Key Performance Trade-offs for Laser RADAR Systems
Examining the Tradeoffs of Size/Weight vs. Cost, Mobility
Examining the Tradeoffs of Power vs. Range, Availability
Mass, Power, Volume and Cost Estimation
Reliability and Quality Assurance
Component Specifics (Lasers, Detectors, Optics)
UNDERSTANDING THE KEY COMPONENTS AND SUB-SYSTEMS
Current Challenges and Future Capabilities in Laser Transmitters
Why Modulation is Key for Successful System Performance
Frequency/Wavelength Control for Signal-to-Noise Improvements
The Real Impact of the Transmitter Telescope on System Performance
Which Receivers are Most Useful for Detecting Optical Signals
Pointing and Tracking
FUTURE APPLICATIONS OF LASER RADAR SYSTEMS
Detection, Recognition & ID -Free Space
Through foliage, camouflage, backfield smoke/obscurants…
Velocity Measurements / Vibration Measurements
Automated Target Recognition
Collision Avoidance / Highway Management
Robotic Motion Control
Robotic Systems Security Systems
Clear Air Turbulence Detection