Launch Vehicle Design Training provides the practical knowledge to understand the design, performance, selection, and use of current and future (within 5 years) launch systems. The seminar benefits space mission users and developers of current and future launch vehicles. The seminar is designed for designers, operators, users, and investors of launch vehicle services of today’s systems, and those of the foreseeable future. The launch vehicles of today include the American Athena, Atlas, Delta, Pegasus, Taurus, Titan, and Space Shuttle.
Foreign launch vehicles and launch sites will be discussed for comparison in terms of performance, availability, reliability, and cost. Future launch vehicles, both expendable and reusable, will be examined for performance, reliability, and the reality of the technology on which they depend. You will learn the details of all major launch systems and how they stack up for various missions.
- 3 days of Launch Vehicle Design Training with an expert instructor
- Launch Vehicle Design Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Satellite Communication – An Essential Introduction Training
- Satellite Communications Design and Engineering Training
- Satellite Laser Communications Training
- Radar Systems Fundamentals Training
- Radar Technology Training Fundamentals
- Electronic Warfare ELINT Receivers Training
- Electronic Warfare Receivers with DSP Training
Upon completing this Launch Vehicle Design Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Characteristics of current and proposed vehicles.
- Tradeoffs in performance and cost.
- Trends and technology of modern launch vehicles.
- Evaluation of launch vehicle design and performance.
- Understanding of why launch vehicle services are such high-cost items.
- We can adapt this Launch Vehicle Design Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Launch Vehicle Design Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Launch Vehicle Design Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Launch Vehicle Design Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Launch Vehicle Design Training course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Launch Vehicle Design course are:
- What Comprises A Launch System? Mission planning, operational launch sites, range operations, launch vehicle integration, and payload integration.
- Launch Systems Available Today. Expendable domestic and foreign launch systems, price estimations, payload capability and volume, orbital element capabilities, risk factors, and availability. The Space Shuttle is the only operational example of a reusable launch vehicle.
- Launch Vehicle Systems of the Future. Alternative launch systems, that are currently under development, what they promise, and how they promise to provide a better mission. Will they work out?
- Evaluating Alternative Launch System Concepts. How to evaluate alternative launch vehicles for your mission. How to evaluate future launch vehicle concepts from the business and technical perspective. Evaluating the differences between expendable and reusable launch vehicles, and other alternatives.
- Understanding Solid, Liquid, and Hybrid Launch Vehicles. Examination of the technical, performance, and cost issues where different rocket propulsion alternatives are integrated into a vehicle. When are solid rockets the best vehicle choice? When are storable liquid rockets the best vehicle choice? When are cryogenic liquid rockets the best vehicle choice? When are hybrid rockets the best vehicle choice?
- High Technology & Launch Vehicles. How have technologies, high-performance materials, and solid-state electronics been integrated into launch vehicles? What technology is being used to design and develop new launch vehicle systems? What is the future direction of technology in launch vehicles?
- Launch Vehicle Systems & Environments. Understanding the extreme heat and cold environments in which launch vehicles must survive. Understanding the impact of vibration, shock, acceleration, dynamic pressure, and other environments on both the launch vehicle and payload.
- Mission Safety, Reliability, and Risk Considerations. What are the drivers for higher standards of safety and reliability? What reliability risks exist with vehicles having limited track records? How can launch vehicles be safer for people, property, and the environment along the flight path? Are there strategies to mitigate risk?
- Strategic Thinking and the Future of Launch Vehicles. What strategies lead to successful launch vehicles? How do you separate fact from the smoke-and-mirrors? What strategies apply to expendable launch vehicles? What strategies apply to reusable launch vehicles?
- Why are there Problems with Today’s Launch Vehicles? Many launch vehicles flying today have their roots in the dawn of the space age. Why has the operation of delivering payloads to space remained both unreliable and costly?