Manage Citrix Endpoint Management Training [CEM-205]
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Manage Citrix Endpoint Management Training [CEM-205] Course – Hands-on
Manage Citrix Endpoint Management Training [CEM-205] Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Manage Citrix Endpoint Management Training [CEM-205] Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Developed for IT Professionals interested in learning how to manage Citrix Endpoint Management on-premises or cloud environments using leading practices. Potential students include Administrators and Implementers.
Manage Citrix Endpoint Management Training [CEM-205] Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- How to manage a Citrix Endpoint Management implementation in a On-premises or cloud environment
- How to perform common enterprise mobility management tasks and mobile application management
- Understand the device enrollment process
- How to perform monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting on a Citrix Endpoint Management Enterprise solution
Manage Citrix Endpoint Management Training [CEM-205] – Course Content
1 – Introduction to Citrix Endpoint Management
Citrix Endpoint Management Features Citrix Cloud and Citrix Endpoint Management Citrix Endpoint Management User Experience and Security Citrix Endpoint Management Entitlements
2 – Citrix Endpoint Management Architecture
Citrix Endpoint Management Prerequisites Citrix Endpoint Management Server Citrix Endpoint Management and Microsoft Intune Apple APNs and Google Firebase Cloud Messaging MDX Architecture and Features
3 – Cloud Components
Cloud Component Overview Onboarding and Access Cloud Connector and Cloud Resource Locations Cloud Migration Cloud Updates and Features
4 – Common Device Management Tasks
Administrative Console Overview Delivery Groups Device Policies
5 – Device Enrollment
Enrollment Methods iOS Device Enrollment Android Device Enrollment Windows 10 Enrollment Other Devices
6 – Managing Device Security
Security Policies Automated Actions Android for Work ActiveSync Filtering Shared Devices
7 – Working with Apps
Application Integration Citrix Endpoint Management Productivity Apps Application Security with MDX 3rd Part Applications
8 – Integrating Citrix Content Collaboration
Citrix Content Collaboration Overview Integrating Citrix Endpoint Management with Content Collaboration Content Collaboration Workflows
9 – Maintaining and Troubleshooting
Maintaining Citrix Endpoint Management Maintaining Certificates Troubleshooting Citrix Gateway (formerly NetScaler Gateway) Troubleshooting Tools for Citrix Productivity Apps Firewall Issues
10 – Monitoring and Reporting
Monitoring and Reporting of Devices Monitoring and Reporting of Citrix Content Collaboration