MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training
MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training Course – Hands-on
MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training course is intended for practicing systems engineers who want to learn how to apply model-driven systems engineeringpractices using the UML Profile for Systems Engineering (OMG SysML™).You will apply systems engineering principles in developing a comprehensive model of a solution to the class problem, using modern systems engineering development tools and a development methodology tailored to OMG SysML™. The methodology begins with the presentation of a desired capability and leads you through the performance of activities and the creation of work products to support requirements definition, architecture description and system design. The methodology offers suggestions for how to transition to specialty engineering, with an emphasis on interfacing with software engineering activities.Use of a modeling tool is required.
MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Identify and describe the use of all nine OMG SysML™ diagrams
- Follow a formal methodology to produce a system model in a modeling tool
- Model system behavior using an activity diagram
- Model system behavior using a state diagram
- Model system behavior using a sequence diagram
- Model requirements using a requirements diagram
- Model requirements using a use case diagram
- Model structure using block diagrams
- Allocate behavior to structure in a model
- Recognize parametrics and constraints and describe their usage
MBSE with OMG SysMLT Training – Course Content
- Model-Based Systems Engineering Overview. Introduction to OMG SysML™, role of open standards and open architecture in systems engineering, what is a model, 4 modeling principles, 5 characteristics of a good model, 4 pillars of OMG SysML™.
- Getting started with OOSEM. Use case diagrams and descriptions, modeling functional requirements, validating use cases, domain modeling concepts and guidelines, OMG SysML™ language architecture.
- OOSEM Activities and Work Products. Walk through the OOSEM top level activities, decomposing the Specify and Design System activity, relating use case and domain models to the system model, options for model organization, the package diagram. Compare and contrast Distiller and Hybrid SUV examples.
- Requirements Analysis. Modeling Requirements in OMG SysML™, functional analysis and allocation, the role of functional analysis in an object-oriented world using a modified SE V, OOSEM activity –”Analyze Stakeholder Needs”.Concept of Operations, Domain Models as analysis tools.Modeling non-functional requirements.Managing large requirement sets. Requirements in the Distiller sample model.
- OMG SysML™ Structural Elements. Block Definition Diagrams (BDD), Internal Block Diagrams (IBD), Ports, Parts, Connectors and flows. Creating system context diagrams.Block definition and usage relationship. Delegation through ports.Operations and attributes.
- OMG SysML™ Behavioral Elements. Activity diagrams, activity decomposition, State Machines, state execution semantics, Interactions, allocation of behavior. Call behavior actions. Relating activity behavior to operations, interactions, and state machines.
- Parametric Analysis and Design Synthesis. Constraint Blocks, Tracing analysis tools to OMG SysML™ elements, Design Synthesis, Tracing requirements to design elements. Relating SysML requirements to text requirements in a requirements management tool.Analyzing the Hybrid SUV dynamics.
- Model Verification. Tracing requirements to OMG SysML™ test cases, Systems Engineering Process Outputs, Preparing work products for specialty engineers, Exchanging model data using XMI, Technical Reviews and Audits, Inspecting OMG SysML™ and UML artifacts.
- Extending OMG SysML. Stereotypes, tag values and model libraries, Trade Studies, Modeling and Simulation, Executable UML.
- Deploying OMG SysML™ in your Organization. Lessons learned from MBSE initiatives, the future of SysML.OMG Certified System Modeling Professional resources and exams.