Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training
|Commitment||4 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training Course – Hands-on
Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training provides an introduction to Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE): the practice of using a system model to streamline the process of requirements analysis, architecture, and design. Lectures on proven, state-of-the-art techniques will be reinforced with lessons learned and case studies from the instructor’s own experiences applying MBSE of major DoD acquisition programs, along with inclass, live demonstrations using a popular system modeling tool (Cameo Systems Modeler™ by No Magic, Inc.) to create an example model. Students will be provided with a temporary, fully-functional tool license with which they can get hands-on experience working tutorial exercises that reinforce the lecture material.
The course is valuable to systems engineers, program managers, and anyone else interested in understanding what is required to create a system model, how to use it to support systems engineering activities on a program, and the benefits that can be realized.
Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Practical, proven techniques for creating models using industry standard SysML, and how to use those models to support systems engineering.
- How to use one of the most popular system modeling tools to create, verify, and validate system models.
- Preparing for a formal design review using the model as its centerpiece.
- Linking the SysML model to external analytical models.
Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training – Course Content
- MBSE Overview. MBSE Overview. What MBSE is and isn’t, practical benefits of MBSE.
- Introduction to the Systems Modeling Language (SysML). Language notation and diagrams, element types and relationships.
- Tool Introduction and Methodology Introduction. How to use a typical modeling tool, methodology for developing a model.
- Organizing Your Model. Best practices for model organization, packages, model libraries.
- Stakeholder Needs Analysis. Operational architecture, capabilities, measures of effectiveness, mission use cases.
- Systems Context Definition. Systems of systems architectures, black-box system specification.
- System Requirements Elicitation. System use cases, functional requirements derivation.
- Functional Analysis. Use case scenarios, Functional decomposition.
- Logical and Physical Architecture. Allocation of functions to logical elements, allocation of logical to physical elements.
- Parametric Analysis. Analysis contexts, Linking technical measures and system attributes, executing the analysis.
- Model-based Systems Fundamentals Training – Reviewing and Assessing the Design. Model verification, executing a design review.
- Advanced Topics in MBSE. Creating extensions to SysML, domain-specific modeling, model validation.