Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training
Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training Course – Hands-on
Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training is de¬signed for engineers and managers who wish to enhance their capabilities to construct, work with, and/or understand state-of-the-art concepts and tools for modeling and simulation for systems of systems. The course covers the basics of systems concepts and discrete event systems specification (DEVS), a computational basis for system theory. It demonstrates the application of DEVS to “virtual build and test” of engineered systems of systems, the increasingly adopted alternative to complex systems development. Discussion of DEVS-Compliant; environments will provide examples of state-of-the-art agent-based, high-fidelity SoS space-systems simulations. Students will gain access to modeling and simulation software that provides hands on experience with integrated development and testing of modern component-based systems.
Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Basic concepts of Discrete Event System Specification (DEVS) and how to apply them using simulation software
- How to understand and simulate systems with both Discrete and Continuous temporal behaviors
- System of Systems Concepts, Interoperability and service orientation, within a modeling and simulation framework
- Integrated System Development and Testing with applications to service oriented architectures
- Concepts and Tools at the cutting edge of the state-of-the-art exemplified by advanced adaptive complex systems environments.
Modeling and Simulation of Systems of Systems Training – Course Content
- Introduction to Discrete Event System Specification (DEVS)–System-Theory Basis and Concepts, Levels of System Specification, System Specifications: Continuous and Discrete
- Framework for Modeling and Simulation— DEVS Simulation Algorithms, DEVS Modeling and Simulation Environments
- DEVS Model Development—Finite Deterministic DEVS –based construction, System Entity Structure – coupling and hierarchical construction, Verification and Visualization, System of Systems examples from the Joint MEASURE™ environment
- DEVS Hybrid Discrete and Continuous Modeling and Simulation— Simulation with DEVSJava/ADEVS Hybrid software, Cyber-Physical System Applications and space systems case-studies
- Interoperability and Reuse— System of Systems Concepts, Levels of Interoperability, Service Oriented Architecture, Distributed Simulation in DEVS, Examples: DEVS/SOA –Web Service Integration, DEVS/DDS – High Performance
- Integrated System Development Testing— DEVS Unified Process – Model Continuity, Automated DEVS-based Test Case Generation, Net-Enabled System Testing – Measures of Performance/Effectiveness
- Cutting Edge Concepts and Tools— System Entity Structure and Pruning, Architecture Design Spaces, Activity Concepts and Measures, Using Activity to Develop Energy Aware Systems, and flexible space systems using Agent-based, market economy principles.