Optical Communications Systems Training
|Commitment||3 Days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Optical Communications Systems Training provides a strong foundation for selecting, designing, and building either a Free Space Optical Comms or Fiber-Optic Comms System for various applications. The course includes both DoD and Commercial systems, in Space, Atmospheric, Underground, and Underwater Applications. Optical Comms Systems have advantages over RF and Microwave Comms Systems due to their directionality, and high-frequency carrier. These properties can lead to greater covertness, freedom from jamming, and potentially much higher data rates. Novel architectures are feasible allowing usage in situations where RF emission or transmission would be precluded.
- 3 days of Optical Communications Systems Training with an expert instructor
- Optical Communications Systems Electronic Course Guide
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Optical Communications Systems Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Optical Communications Systems Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Optical Communications Systems – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Optical Communications Systems Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Optical Communications Systems Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- HF Communications Training
- Broadband Communications and Networking Training
- Communications Payload Design and Satellite System Architecture Training
- Fiber Optic Communications Systems Training
- IP Networking Over Satellite Training
- Optical Networking Training
- Optical Transport Networks Training
- Optical Sensors and Remote Sensing Training
Upon completing this Optical Communications Systems course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What are the Emerging Laser Communications Challenges for Mobile, Airborne, and Space-Based Missions?
- Future Opportunities in LaserCom Applications (ground-to-ground, satellite-to-satellite, ground-to-satellite, and much more!)
- Overcoming Challenges in LaserCom Development (bandwidth expansion, real-time global connectivity, survivability & more)
- Measuring the Key Performance Tradeoffs (cost vs. size/weight vs. availability vs. power vs. range)
- Tools and Techniques for Meeting the Requirements of Data Rate, Availability, Covertness & Jamming
- We can adapt this Optical Communications Systems course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Optical Communications Systems course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Optical Communications Systems Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Optical Communications Systems Training course in a manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Optical Communications Systems course:
Optical Communications Systems Training
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- UNDERSTANDING LASER COMMUNICATIONS What are the Benefits of Laser Communications? How Do Laser Communications Compare with RF and Microwave Systems? Implementation Options. Future Role of Laser Communications in Commercial, Military, and Scientific Markets.
- LASER COMMUNICATIONS: LATEST CAPABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS A Complete Guide to Laser Communications Capabilities for Mobile, Airborne and Space-Based Missions. What Critical System Functions are Required for Laser Communications? What are the Capability Requirements for Spacecraft-Based Laser Communications Terminals? Tools and Techniques for Meeting the Requirements of -Data Rate, Availability, Covertness, Jamming Ground Terminal Requirements- Viable Receiver Sites, Uplink Beacon, and Command, Safety
- LASER COMMUNICATION SYSTEM PROTOTYPES & PROGRAMS USAF/Boeing Gapfiller Wideband Laser Comm System—The Future Central Node in Military Architectures DARPA’s TeraHertz Operational Reachback (THOR)—Meeting Data Requirements for Mobile Environments Elliptica Transceiver—The Future Battlefield Commlink? Laser Communication Test and Evaluation Station (LTES), DARPA’s Multi-Access Laser Communication Head (MALCH): Providing Simultaneous Lasercom to Multiple Airborne Users
- OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES IN LASER COMMUNICATIONS DEVELOPMENT Link Drivers— Weather, Mobile or Stationary systems, Design Drivers— Cost, Link Availability, Bit Rates, Bit Error Rates, Mil Specs Design Approaches— Design to Spec, Design to Cost, System Architecture and Point to Point Where are the Opportunities in Laser Communications Architectures Development? Coping with the Lack of Bandwidth, What are the Solutions for Achieving Real-Time Global Connectivity? Beam Transmission: Making it Work – Free-Space Optics- Overcoming Key Atmospheric Effects Scintillation, Turbulence, Cloud Statistics, Background Light and Sky Brightness, Transmission, Seeing Availability, Underwater Optics, Guided Wave Optics
- EXPERT INSIGHTS ON MEASURING LASER COMMUNICATIONS PERFORMANCE Tools and Techniques for Establishing Requirements and Estimating Performance Key Performance Trade-offs for Laser Communications Systems -Examining the Tradeoffs of Cost vs. Availability, Bit Rate, and Bit Error Rate; of Size/Weight vs. Cost, Availability, BR/BER, Mobility; of Power vs. Range, BR/BER, Availability; Mass, Power, Volume and Cost Estimation; Reliability and Quality Assurance, Environmental Tests, Component Specifics (Lasers, Detectors, Optics.)
- UNDERSTANDING THE KEY COMPONENTS AND SUB-SYSTEMS Current Challenges and Future Capabilities in Laser Transmitters Why Modulation and Coding is Key for Successful System Performance Frequency/Wavelength Control for Signal-to-Noise Improvements Meeting the Requirements for Optical Channel Capacity The Real Impact of the Transmitter Telescope on System Performance Transcription Methods for Sending the Data- Meeting the Requirements for Bit Rates and Bit Error Rates Which Receivers are Most Useful for Detecting Optical Signals, Pointing and Tracking for Link Closure and Reduction of Drop-Outs – Which Technologies Can Be Used for Link Closure, How Can You Keep Your Bit Error Rates Low
- FUTURE APPLICATIONS OF LASER COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS Understanding the Flight Systems – Host Platform Vibration Characteristics, Fine-Pointing Mechanism, Coarse Pointing Mechanism, Isolation Mechanisms, Inertial Sensor Feedback, Eye Safety Ground to Ground – Decisions required include covertness requirements, day/night, – Fixed –Mobile Line-of-Sight, Non-Line-of-Sight – Allows significant freedom of motion Ground to A/C, A/C to Ground, A/C to A/C, Ground to Satellite. Low Earth Orbit, Point Ahead Requirements, Medium Earth Orbit, Geo-Stationary Earth Orbit, Long Range as Above, Satellite to Ground as Above, Sat to Sat “Real Free Space Comms”, Under-Water Fixed to Mobile, Under-Water Mobile to Fixed