Practical Design of Experiments Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Practical Design of Experiments Training Course – Hands-on
Practical Design of Experiments Training will enable the participant to plan the most efficient experiment or test which will result in a statistically defensible conclusion of the test objectives. It will show how properly designed tests are easily analyzed and prepared for presentation in a report or paper. Examples and exercises related to various NASA satellite programs will be included.
Many companies are reporting significant savings and increased productivity from their engineering, process control and R&D professionals. These companies apply statistical methods and statistically-designed experiments to their critical manufacturing processes, product designs, and laboratory experiments. Multifactor experimentation will be shown as increasing efficiencies, improving product quality, and decreasing costs. This first course in experimental design will start you into statistical planning before you actually start taking data and will guide you to perform hands-on analysis of your results immediately after completing the last experimental run. You will learn how to design practical full factorial and fractional factorial experiments. You will learn how to systematically manipulate many variables simultaneously to discover the few major factors affecting performance and to develop a mathematical model of the actual instruments. You will perform statistical analysis using the modern statistical software called JMP from SAS Institute. At the end of this course, participants will be able to design experiments and analyze them on their own desktop computers.
Practical Design of Experiments Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Practical Design of Experiments Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Practical Design of Experiments Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- How to design full and fractional factorial experiments.
- Gather data from hands-on experiments while simultaneously manipulating many variables.
- Analyze statistical significant testing from hands-on exercises.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the statistical software JMP.
Practical Design of Experiments Training – Course Content
Survey of Statistical Concepts.
Introduction to Design of Experiments.
Designing Full and Fractional Factorials.
Hands-on Exercise: Statapult Distance Experiment using full factorial.
Data preparation and analysis of Experimental Data.
Verification of Model: Collect data, analyze mean and standard deviation.
Hands-on Experiment: One-Half Fractional Factorial, verify prediction.
Hands-on Experiment: One-Fourth Fractional Factorial, verify prediction.
Screening Experiments (Trebuchet).
Advanced designs, Methods of Steepest Ascent, Central Composite Design.
Some recent uses of DOE.