Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765)
|Commitment||5 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765) Course – Hands-on
Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases, performing database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or who work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
- Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL 2016 Training (M20761)
Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Provision a database server.
- Upgrade SQL Server.
- Configure SQL Server.
- Manage databases and files (shared).
- Provision, migrate and manage databases in cloud
Provisioning SQL Databases 2016 Training (M20765) – Course Content
1. SQL Server 2016 Components
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
2. Installing SQL Server 2016
- Considerations for Installing SQL Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- Automating Installation
3. Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2017
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
4. Working with Databases
- Introduction to Data Storage with SQL Server
- Managing Storage for System Databases
- Managing Storage for User Databses
- Moving and Copying Database Files
- Buffer Pool Extension
5. Perform Data Maintenance
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
6. Database Storage Options
- SQL Server Storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Azure
- Stretch Databases
7. Planning to Deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Azure Storage
- Azure SQL Authentication
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
8. Migrating Databases to Azure SQL Database
- Database Migration Testing Tools
- Database Migration Compatibility Issues
- Migrating a SQL Server Database to Azure SQL Database
9. Deploying SQL Server on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- Deploying SQL Server on an Azure VM
- The Deploy Database to a Microsoft Azure VM Wizard
10. Managing databases in the Cloud
- Managing Azure SQL Database Security
- Configure Azure storage
- Azure Automation