Pyrotechnic Shock Testing, Measurement, Analysis and Calibration Training
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Pyrotechnic Shock Testing, Measurement, Analysis and Calibration Training Course – Hands-on
Pyrotechnic Shock Testing, Measurement, Analysis and Calibration Training, Measurement, Analysis and Calibration Training to the theoretical and practical aspects of high frequency shock testing, commonly called “pyroshock” or “pyrotechnic shock” testing.
The basic physics involved in pyroshock, including meaningful measurement and analysis of the environment, will be presented and discussed. The presentation encourages attendees (having varied structural dynamic backgrounds and experience) to contribute their personal experiences and observations, and thus to collaborate with the teaching staff and their fellow attendees. Their experience, if any, might range from the quantification of the flight environment to test simulation and/or qualification and flight acceptance of flight articles.
Pyrotechnic Shock Testing, Measurement, Analysis and Calibration Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this training course:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- The objective of this course is to introduce the designer, technician and/or engineer to the phenomena of high intensity, short duration field and test laboratory transients and the possible deleterious effects on equipment.
Pyrotechnic Shock Testing, Measurement, Analysis and Calibration Training – Course Content
Definition of pyro shock
High orde explosives (PETN, RDX, detonation, etc.)
Low order explosives (gas generators, pressure generators, deflagration etc.)
Stress wave propagation
Data acquisition system
Accelerometer – various types
Filtering, high pass and low pass
Analog (recall Honeywell RTR recorders – long extinct)
Analog to digital conversion
Sigma delta converters
Low pass filtering requirements
Calibration of data acquisition system
Data integrity – verification and analysis
Time history examination
Shock Response Spectrum
Ordnance Testing Methodologies
Gathering and storing flight data
Full scale structure simulation
Sub scale structure simulation
Surrogate structure simulation
Testing real hardware that is later to fly
Simulation testing methodologies
Enhanced electrodynamic shaker
Gravity Driven Impact
Testing hardware that is later to fly
Ordnance pyroshock test demonstration by NTS
Electrodynamic shaker pyroshock simulation test demonstration by NTS
Mechanical impact pyroshock simulation test demonstration by NTS