Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training Course – Hands-on
This two-day Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training course, a complement to “Satellite Communication Systems Engineering,” is designed to give engineers and managers who need to prepare or amend applications and licenses for communication satellite systems an understanding of domestic (FCC and NTIA) and international (ITU) radio regulations, rules, requirements and recommendations to bring such systems into operation.
All necessary information and the forms for submission to the appropriate bodies to bring stations or complete systems into operation will be described and discussed and will be provided to participants in the form of handouts or by specific references to publications or internet websites, to enable participants to comply with current requirements.
- Satellite Communications Systems – Advanced Training
- Satellite Communications: Earth Station Design and Analysis Training
- Satellite Communications: Modern Commercial and Military Satellite Systems Training
- SATCOM Technology and Networks Training
- Satellite Networking Performance and Efficiency Training
- Satellite Communication – An Essential Introduction Training
Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training Course – Objectives
Upon completing the course, the participant will be able to:
- How to understand the portions of the ITU Radio Regulations, and the FCC Rules and requirements pertaining to satellite systems.
- How you can participate in the process of changing the FCC’s Rules, and the ITU’s Recommendations affecting satellite systems, and the frequency bands in which they can operate.”
- How to prepare and file applications for satellite systems with the FCC.
- How to prepare and submit information to the ITU to gain international recognition and protection for satellite systems.
- What changes in the domestic and international rules, regulations, regulations, policies and procedures are likely in the coming years. From this Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training course you will supplement the knowledge and abilities you have gained as a satellite communications systems engineer so that you will be able to bring such systems into operation in conformity with the domestic and international regulations.
Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training – Course Content
- Source of International Rules. The International Telecommunication Union (ITU). History and Purpose. ITU Convention. Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R). World & Regional Radiocommunication Conferences. Radio Regulations. Radiocommunication Assemblies and Study Groups. Conference Preparatory Meetings (CPM’s). Radio Regulations Board. Radiocommunication Bureau..
- Regional and Intergovernmental Organizations. CITEL, CEPT, ATU, APT, Inmarsat, Intelsat, Eutelsat, Arabsat.
- US Participation in Adopting and Amending the International Radio Regulations. Department of State authorizes individuals access to the ITU’s “Telecommunication Information Exchange Services” (TIES) on the Internet. Responsible for US participation in ITU conferences.
- Domestic Regulatory Bodies: the Federal Communications Commission. Communications Act of 1934. Administrative Procedures Act. Development of FCC Rules (NOI’s, NPRM’s.). Bureau roles.
- Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training – Domestic Regulatory Bodies: National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). Interagency Radio Advisory Committee (IRAC).
- Rules & Regulations Governing Satellite Telecommunications.International Radio Regulations. Definitions of Radiocommunication Services,(FSS, BSS, MSS, etc.) and Stations (Earth, Ground, Mobile, etc.), and Systems (GSO, NGO, HEO, LEO, MEO, HDFSS, HDFS, etc.) Definition of Regions. Table of Frequency Allocations and its Footnotes. “First Come, First Served” vs. Allotment Plans. Advance Publication (AP4’s submitted by “Administrations,” with input from the applicant, and published by the ITU). Frequency Coordination (AP3 submitted by “Administrations” and published by the ITU in WIC, Part I, examined by BR and unfavorable findings published in WIC. Part III). Registration (favorable findings published in BR’s Master Register).
- ITU Publications. Weekly Circular (WIC) on paper and diskette. International Frequency List (IFL) Terrestrial on CD-ROM. Space Network List (SNL): summary information on paper and diskette. SRS on CD-ROM (notified space service assignments to satellites and earth stations, and stations in RR1060 and RR1107 coordination). Recommendations of the ITU-R.
- Rules, Regulations & Procedures of the FCC (for non-US Government space systems). Applications for FSS Satellite Systems (satellites and Earth Stations, VSATs). Form 312, Radiation Hazard Studies, Use of Foreign Satellites, AP4 and AP3 preparation, coordination). Applications for BSS (sound), BSS (Television), MSS, and other space telecommunication services.
- Rules, Regulations & Procedures of NTIA (for US Government space systems)
- Satellite Communication Regulatory Essentials Training – The future regulatory environment.