Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341)
|Commitment||3 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341) Course – Hands-on
This 3-day Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341) course introduces attendees to security topics for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. Attendees will be introduced to the basic computer security concepts and will learn how to develop a security policy and implement a more secure SUSE environment. A variety of approaches regarding system security from physical, local and network security will be reviewed. MAC and DAC access control methods and some of its supporting tools are also included in the course objectives. Auditing as a valid method to monitor security measures is also covered. Lastly, a description of the security process at SUSE and its publicly available resources will give the attendees a better way to support their day to day SUSE Linux Enterprise Server administration and operation in a consistent and secure fashion.
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- This course is designed for SUSE system administrators who want to learn how to secure their systems.
Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- SCE in Enterprise Linux or equivalent experience is strongly recommended.
Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341) Course – Objectives
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand Security Concepts and Cryptography Basics
- Understand SUSE Security Resources and SLES 12 Security Certifications
- Secure the Boot Process
- Understand the YaST Security Module
- Understand Configurable Kernel Security Settings
- Understand the Importance of Patches and Updates
- Filesystem Security
- Secure Local User Accounts and Restricting Access to the Root Account
- Understand Systemd Session Management and Resource Control
- PAM Modules
- Delegate Administrative Privilege (sudo, polkit)
- Understand Network Packet Filtering, TCP Wrappers and Xinetd
- Restrict Network Access with Systemd
- Understand and Configure Virtual Private Networks
- Use Security Audit Tools: SUSE Seccheck, AIDE, Linux Audit Framework, Centralized Logging
- Understand the Linux Security Modules Framework ( LSM )
- Understand How AppArmor and SELinux Compare
Securing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Training (SLE341) – Course Content
- Section 1: Introduction to Security
- Section 2: Basic System Lockdown
- Section 3: Local Account Security
- Section 4: Privilege Elevation
- Section 5: Network Service Lockdown
- Section 6: Security Audit Tools
- Section 7: Linux Security Modules