Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744)
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) Course – Hands-on
In Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) course, you will learn how to enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that you administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to ensure that administrators can perform the precise tasks they need at any time, when they need to.
You will learn how to mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options (such as Nano server and containers) to enhance security.
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20744, and it can assist you in your preparation for Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016.
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this Securing Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20744) course:
- IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely and work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Securing Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20744) course are:
- Completed courses 740, 741, and 742, or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this Securing Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20744) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Secure Windows Server
- Limit administrator rights with Just Enough Administration.
- Manage privilege access
- Mitigate malware and threats
- Analyze activity with advanced auditing and log analytics.Deploy and configure Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite.Configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs).Use the Security Compliance Toolkit (SCT) and containers to improve security.Plan and protect data.
- Optimize and secure file services.Secure network traffic with firewalls and encryption.
- Secure network traffic by using DNSSEC and Message Analyzer.
Securing Windows Server 2016 Training (MOC 20744) – Course Content
1. Attacks, Breach Detection, and Sysinternals Tools
- Understanding attacks
- Detecting security breaches
- Examining activity with the Sysinternals tools
2. Protecting Credentials and Privileged Access
- Understanding User Rights
- Computer and Service Accounts
- Protecting Credentials
- Privileged Access Workstations and jump servers
- Local administrator password solution
3. Limiting Administrator Rights with Just Enough Administration (JEA)
- Understanding JEA
- Verifying and Deploying JEA
4. Privileged Access Management and Administrative Forest
- ESAE forests
- Overview of Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
- Overview of JIT administration and PAM
5. Mitigating Malware and Threats
- Configuring and Managing Windows Defender
- Restricting software
- Configuring and Using Device Guard
6. Analyzing Activity with Advanced Auditing and Log Analytics
- Overview of Auditing
- Advanced Auditing
- Windows PowerShell Auditing and Logging
7. Deploying and Configuring Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Deploying and configuring ATA
- Deploying and configuring Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Deploying and configuring Azure Security Center
8. Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
- Guarded Fabric
- Shielded and Encryption-Supported VMs
9. Securing Application Development and Server-Workload Infrastructure
- Using Security Compliance Manager
- Understanding Containers
10. Planning and Protecting Data
- Planning and Implementing Encryption
- Planning and Implementing BitLocker
- Protecting data by using Azure Information Protection
11. Optimizing and Securing File Services
- Introduction to FSRM
- Implementing Classification and File-Management Tasks
- Access Control (DAC)
12. Securing Network Traffic with Firewalls and Encryption
- Understand network-related security threats
- Understanding Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Configuring IPsec
- Datacenter Firewall
13. Securing Network Traffic
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Examining Network Traffic with Microsoft Message Analyzer
- Securing Server Analyzing SMB Traffic