Security in Google Cloud Platform Training
|Commitment||2 days, 7-8 hours a day.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
|User Ratings||Average User Rating 4.8 See what learners said|
|Delivery Options||Instructor-Led Onsite, Online, and Classroom Live|
Security in Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Hands-on
Security in Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Customize it
- We can adapt this training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Security in Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Audience/Target Group
The target audience for this training course:
- Cloud information security analysts, architects, and engineers
- Information security/cybersecurity specialists
- Cloud infrastructure architects
- Developers of cloud applications.
Security in Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this training course are:
- Prior completion of Step 1. Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure Training or equivalent experience
- Prior completion of Step 2. Networking in Google Cloud Platform Training or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of foundational concepts in information security:
- Fundamental concepts:
- vulnerability, threat, attack surface
- confidentiality, integrity, availability
- Common threat types and their mitigation strategies
- Public-key cryptography
- Public and private key pairs
- Cipher types
- Key width
- Certificate authorities
- Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer encrypted communication
- Public key infrastructures
- Security policy
- Fundamental concepts:
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
Security in Google Cloud Platform Training Course – Objectives:
Upon completing this training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understanding the Google approach to security
- Managing administrative identities using Cloud Identity.
- Implementing least privilege administrative access using Google Cloud Resource Manager, Cloud IAM.
- Implementing IP traffic controls using VPC firewalls and Cloud Armor
- Implementing Identity Aware Proxy
- Analyzing changes to the configuration or metadata of resources with GCP audit logs
- Scanning for and redact sensitive data with the Data Loss Prevention API
- Scanning a GCP deployment with Forseti
- Remediating important types of vulnerabilities, especially in public access to data and VMs
Security in Google Cloud Platform Training – Course Content
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a- Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Module 3: Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services.
- Lab: Compute Engine
Module 4: Storage in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Bigtable, and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Cloud Storage and Cloud SQL
Module 5: Containers in the Cloud
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes.
- Lab: Kubernetes Engine
Module 6: Applications in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: App Engine
Module 7: Developing, Deploying, and Monitoring in the Cloud
- Understand options for software developers to host their source code.
- Understand the purpose of template-based creation and management of resources.
- Understand the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Lab: Deployment Manager and Stackdriver
Module 8: Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: BigQuery